ROOOOOOOOOOOONEH

TuffLuff

I guess he’s not taken the league by storm, but I do like how he’s progressing overall and it’s not the easiest league to get accustomed to halfway through. Hopefully the goal last night might kick him on a bit, it’s certainly the first time I’ve seen him in a position around the box to get a decent shot in, something he needs to create more of. 

Yeah he’s not the Rooney of 5 years ago, but there are gears he can move up as he gets fitter. Most of his play is somewhat intelligent and he wins most of his 50/50 tackles too, which not many of our players seem to do

I do think it’ll get there with him and he will dominate games, it’s just taking a bit of time but like so much of this season it’s about patience.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

He’s been our best player in January in my opinion. His passing is great and he has already scored and assisted. He is also versatile. I think he has more quality than most in this league. 

That’s an understatement. He’s Wayne frickin Rooney. He’s got more quality than most of the football playing world. 

Think last night was his best performance in a Derby shirt myself. Much more involved than in previous games, and looked far more threatening with his passing, which has been a bit wayward at times. Looked much more dangerous and likely to create something in and around the box - He’s definitely better as a number 10 for me. Deserved his goal and looked about our only competent player going forward. Still think he’ll be the best player in this league once he gets going, you don’t lose your footballing skill/intelligence.

Not been great, not been poor.

A few nice passes here and there but not having a major effect on games.

One thing that does worry is his clear lack of discipline. Already appears to be rubbing off on some of the other players.

Think it was Ferguson that said it takes him 6 or 7 games to get up to speed, we must be approaching that now, so fingers crossed. 

I think if you were expecting the Rooney at the end of his United days then you just setting yourself up for a fall. 

His legs have gone. Of course they have. If they hadn't I think he might have not come to Derby

I think he's been class though. He plays the ball through the lines, he stretches play and has quality set pieces. I don't think he slows anything down by being physically slow.

Yeah, class imo. Would shine more if he had more to work with. If we had other threats then he might have the freedom to get forward more. 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I think if you were expecting the Rooney at the end of his United days then you just setting yourself up for a fall. 

His legs have gone. Of course they have. If they hadn't I think he might have not come to Derby

I think he's been class though. He plays the ball through the lines, he stretches play and has quality set pieces. I don't think he slows anything down by being physically slow.

Yeah, class imo. Would shine more if he had more to work with. If we had other threats then he might have the freedom to get forward more. 

I just dont see much happening between him and Waghorn?

If we are playing Rooney further forward I would much prefer to see Marriott up top...if we can ever get him fit.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I just dont see much happening between him and Waghorn?

If we are playing Rooney further forward I would much prefer to see Marriott up top...if we can ever get him fit.

Marriott? Do you mean Martin? I don't think we have a Marriott, mate. 

Archived