Things you don't notice any more

dog

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Did you grow up around that way? My neck of the woods. You about same age as my dad probably. 

Yeah, making a slide down Argyle Street was a winter highlight, it seemed as steep as flip, bet it ain’t anywhere near as steep as I think it was.

Used to go to the chippies in Dean Street and Moss Street at dinner time for a sixpenny mix. ?

Pop man

Those coloured glass bowls filled with plants. One of them was always pink.

Spider plant's

Wall units

those posters of a bloke holding a baby .

red. black and grey zig zag wall paper.

Those roundabouts in parks that had younger siblings gripping onto a metal bar for dear life.

You may have guessed I grew up in the eighties.

Wax on. wax off everybody

3 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

A fag and a match was a penny from an off licence on Boyer Street circa 1974/5. We used it on the way Rykneld Sec Modern.

Cost 2d from Dolphins in Mackworth, that was back in the late 60s. Always said he was a robbing bamford.

5 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Kids that used to be seen and not heard. Now you can’t shut the buggers up, got an opinion on everything. 

You spend the first few years teaching them to walk and talk then the next god knows how many telling them to sit down and shut up

17 hours ago, dog said:

As well as three points away from home are there any other things which you just don't see any more?

I'll start

Unspooled cassette tape by the edge of the curb

Pipe smokers

Dedicated white dog poo

I will save my dog's next poo and when it turns white, I will dedicate it to you.

9 hours ago, Frogram said:

Remember parking lights that clipped onto the car's offside window , an oval sticker on the boot that said "Discs " , regular breakdowns and punctures , string backed driving gloves ! 

That made me laugh and reminds me of our music teacher at school. He had an old  Minor 1000 with semaphore indicators that flipped out of the B pillar aft of the front doors ?

11 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

Yeah, making a slide down Argyle Street was a winter highlight, it seemed as steep as flip, bet it ain’t anywhere near as steep as I think it was.

Used to go to the chippies in Dean Street and Moss Street at dinner time for a sixpenny mix. ?

My dad grew up on Moss Street. When I was about 8 we moved to Moss Street on opposite side of road to my gran! lol

Archived