So that’s that

Birdyabroad

On 29/01/2020 at 16:32, Edtheram said:

At least we were in the prem. Next seasons Match of the day should be fun watching Leeds and Forest and us playing away at Ipswich....

just shows how poorly the club has been ran, Forest and Leeds have leap frogged us and we’re resorting how a draw was fair v bottom of the league Luton 

Clearly this season has been a disaster and may still get worse but, don’t forget, football is cyclical. Yes, Forest and Leeds are well ahead of us but, we have no god given right to finish above them. When was the last time Forest finished above us (I have’s bothered to check)? As recently as 2016/17 they finished 21st and only avoided relegation on goal difference. As recently as 2009/2010 Leeds were a league 1 team.

who’s to say we won’t bounce back from this adversity. I’m trying to remain positive here guys, help me out.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/01/2020 at 22:21, europia said:

Yes it might be better to take the points deduction this season. My understanding is if we appeal (and are unsuccessful), the points deduction is more likely to be next season. So effectively another meaningless season. 

The problem with accepting a points deduction for this season is that it also means accepting that at least a significant chunk of the income from the stadium sale doesn't count towards FFP. That means we almost certainly fail FFP for this season and will struggle for next. If the disciplinary panel are so inclined, we could get three seasons of points deductions along with transfer embargoes. 

Mel really has to win this one.

On 31/01/2020 at 09:31, Tamworthram said:

Clearly this season has been a disaster and may still get worse but, don’t forget, football is cyclical. Yes, Forest and Leeds are well ahead of us but, we have no god given right to finish above them. When was the last time Forest finished above us (I have’s bothered to check)? As recently as 2016/17 they finished 21st and only avoided relegation on goal difference. As recently as 2009/2010 Leeds were a league 1 team.

who’s to say we won’t bounce back from this adversity. I’m trying to remain positive here guys, help me out.

Leicester City went into administration, look where they are now (so long as you conveniently ignore the unpaid debts to local businesses and services in and around Leicester...)

Archived