Sign in to follow this  
David

NFL 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Yeah, we only signed him so that we can now field a full offense featuring 11 former 1st round picks.

To be fair, after getting cut and cementing his place as a flop, when he came back he did well eg. he actually caught the ball. He’s a big unit and is a good blocker, so not a terrible WR 4

7 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

@Ambitious told you to support the Cardinals 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last season, on both occasions, the script was their teeny tiny QB was going to show our overpaid, overrated trash QB that he was better - both times we beat them comfortably: 65-31 the combined score. Jared Goff had 743 yards, 5 tds and 0 ints. Kyler Murray had 488 yards, 2 tds and 3 ints. 

In the two seasons where I've followed the NFL we've beat them on all four occasions, with a huge combine score of 130-40. If I did pick the cardinals I'd be supporting the bottom feeders of the NFC. I actually don't mind them because we've been able to beat up on them on every occasion. 

I do think Kyler has a bit of promise, especially with DeHop, so they my keep it respectable next season against us! 

Brockers deal fallen through due to an ankle injury. Leaves us in a bit of a sticky spot having let Michael Pierce go and trades Chris Wormley.

We seemingly have given him a similar deal with a lot less guaranteed at the point of signing. I think we can cut him after a year at a cost of just $7m. I know he fits in well here, Donald likes playing next to him, plus we've added A'Shawn Robinson who will help stop the run. It's a stout front three.

Linebackers are a bit of an unknown at this point; Littleton was a star last season after progressing through special teams and I think there is hope for the ones that have flashed in their handful of appearances despite not being 'names' in Micah Kiser, Travin Howard & Troy Reeder. Samson Ebukam and Obo Okoronkwo could both be a handful on the edge, I really like both of them, plus we've added Leonard Floyd who has worked with our defensive coordinator before in Chicago. It doesn't seem like he's a typical edge rusher, so I'd imagine Ebukam and Oko will be our focus in that regard with Donald obviously still being Doland. We may even see some of Jachai Polite who was tipped as a first rounder in the last draft before slipping to the third and then being cut. I don't know, but he's stuck with the Rams for a while now and I would think the outgoings make him an option for roster spot. 

Defensive backs: we've got Jalen Ramsey. The name alone makes QBs and WRs change up their game. Troy Hill was targeted heavily towards the back end of last season and he stood up to the challenge. David Long has impressed in spurts. We don't have much safety depth, but John Johnson and Taylor Rapp are both top tier players. it's arguably our strongest area despite the lack of depth. 

We've got six draft picks: 52, 84, 104, 126, 199, 234. I'd imagine we take two offensive linemen, three defensive backs and one linebacker. I'd imagine we pick up a kicker from training camp. 

Big shakeup on the D, but if we can keep a level of consistency then we will do very well. I think we will miss Littleton though.