Who you want to win the Super Bowl: Buccs

Actual Super Bowl winner: Chiefs

Super Bowl MVP: Mahomes

Player with most yards after scrimmage: Kelce

Over/Under 56.5 points scored: Under

Will the National Anthem go longer than 2 mins: Yes

Colour of the Gatorade thrown over winning head coach: Red 

Your outrageous prediction: Mahomes no look passing TD to win the game

Really sad news re Chris Wesseling. Going to be a day of tributes. 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called this game almost perfectly. A Tampa Bay win, 3 Brady touchdowns, but I was just 50 passing yards short of a winning bet.

You can never bet against Tom Brady. Love him or hate him, he always delivers in the big moments. You have to respect that.

My brother was bigging up KC and Mahomes before the game. But Tampa had the experience of Brady and Gronkowski to steady the ship and they always seemed likely to handle the occasion better. And so it proved.

4 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I called this game almost perfectly. A Tampa Bay win, 3 Brady touchdowns, but I was just 50 passing yards short of a winning bet.

You can never bet against Tom Brady. Love him or hate him, he always delivers in the big moments. You have to respect that.

My brother was bigging up KC and Mahomes before the game. But Tampa had the experience of Brady and Gronkowski to steady the ship and they always seemed likely to handle the occasion better. And so it proved.

As steady as Brady was, Tampa’s defence won them the game. From the first down to the last, the pressure they put on Mahomes was relentless. And fair play on holding back Prime Gronk til the last game of the season

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

As steady as Brady was, Tampa’s defence won them the game. From the first down to the last, the pressure they put on Mahomes was relentless. And fair play on holding back Prime Gronk til the last game of the season

I think it was a real team effort, it was the kind of game where everyone contributed.

Was the Tampa defence very good? Absolutely. Barrett and Pierre-Paul always brought the pressure after snaps.

But it must have had a massive calming influence on the rest of the team having two players in Brady and Gronkowski who have such extensive experience at getting it done in the big game.

Compare the number of penalties conceded by the KC defensive unit and how many times KC wilted when under any kind of pressure in both phases of play and it was clear to see that Tampa just knew how to keep it nice and simple and keep their heads.

Surely that was down to the experience and wisdom those players like Brady can pass on?

I think that Chiefs OL could well be the worst I have ever seen in any NFL game, nevermind a game of this magnitude. Mahomes didn't even have a second before the pocket collapsed. Big Red, and his coaching staff, really should've negated it a lot better than what they did. 

The Rams had the worst ranked OL in 2019 following all the injuries and juggling around, it was very reminiscent of that, but McVay was able to make adjustments to make it easier on Goff. It didn't always work, but certainly never made it any worse. Chiefs really are built to push the ball down the field and Mahomes didn't have the time to even look up before someone was down his throat. The Buccs defense played really well, but that shouldn't happen. It was like professionals against amatuers. 

You've got to give your props to Brady now, though. It's crazy that a player has more Super Bowl Championships than any of the teams in the league. He would be wise to get out now before the Stafford-led Rams make him look silly ?

The makeshift Chiefs OL was absolutely lost, found it sad to see Mahomes running around like a headless chicken trying to make something happen and he still pulled off some incredible throws. Saw plenty of people on Twitter saying he’s threw like 5/6 of the best incompletions of all time. Credit to the Bucs D.

Brady and BA just looked completely unflustered, Chiefs defense is middling and Brady had so much time to sit back and pick them off. The second Gronk TD in particular, he had all day to throw that. Really happy for Arians, he was a big part of what made me fall in love with the NFL and the Cardinals, pretty smart of him to jump ship when he did because it was downhill from then on.

Tricky game because you were either betting against Tom Brady or betting against Patrick Mahomes. Brady’s supporting cast showed up and Mahomes didn’t. Andy Reid had a poor game too, when they kicked the FG on the first drive second half I knew it was over.  The defense hadn’t been able to stop Tampa all day, they couldn’t take a FG.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

I think that Chiefs OL could well be the worst I have ever seen in any NFL game, nevermind a game of this magnitude.

You should watch more Vikings games ? That was some standard Vikings pass protection going on, I watch that crap every week....though when we had Mike Remmers, we played him at guard, where he is even worse.

The 4th quarter was just Mahomes scrambling, retreating 15 yards backwards then throwing the ball from insane positions to receivers who either dropped or didn’t even go up for the ball. Bucs the better team in every area, Mahomes will be back there again one day. 

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

I think it was a real team effort, it was the kind of game where everyone contributed.

Was the Tampa defence very good? Absolutely. Barrett and Pierre-Paul always brought the pressure after snaps.

But it must have had a massive calming influence on the rest of the team having two players in Brady and Gronkowski who have such extensive experience at getting it done in the big game.

Compare the number of penalties conceded by the KC defensive unit and how many times KC wilted when under any kind of pressure in both phases of play and it was clear to see that Tampa just knew how to keep it nice and simple and keep their heads.

Surely that was down to the experience and wisdom those players like Brady can pass on?

Yes but KC had been there last year, so implying they were inexperienced with the pressure isn’t strictly true. They weren’t even out and out favourites. 

Don’t get me wrong, Brady has cemented his standing as the GOAT (and as someone who worships Joe Montana, that’s a tough thing to say) but I don’t think he was the game changer, he played a nice, steady game, one that any upper tier QB could’ve played. Nothing fancy, just kept the yards ticking over.  The defence were the definite stars last night. 

On 01/02/2021 at 00:58, Ambitious said:

Goff is a good QB, but he’s been trending backwards over the past two years. He started this last season well enough, but fell away towards the end of the season. He did play pretty well in the playoffs, even in the loss to GB, but I think McVay couldn’t live with the turnovers. This last season was his worst by far, but he still won 10 games and won a game in the playoffs. He also had a few very good performances, amongst the bad. 

I would say that the Lions have won the trade, very comfortably, because they’ve gained a 26 year old QB who has been to the pro bowl in 50% of the seasons he’s been a starter and already taken a team to the Super Bowl. They’ve also added two firsts and a third. I have no idea what their head coach is like, but if they add some weapons then Goff can do really well in Detroit. I wouldn’t at all be surprised if Goff outperforms Stafford next season. I think Stafford is a more talented QB, but Goff isn’t anywhere near as bad as made out - he’s capable of leading a team to the playoffs and he’s never had a losing record since becoming a starter. 

He was 0-7 as a starter in 2016.

And whereas he was a Pro-Bowler 50% of the full seasons he played, he was a Pro-Bowler for 0% of the last 2 seasons.

I do think McVay was worried about the turnovers, but it goes deeper than that.

He wouldn't go through his progressions often missing wide open receivers and seemed to refuse any deep options after 2017.

On reflection the 'We're not on the same page' comment (meaning him and McVay) he made when dropped probably meant with scheme as much as anything.

There has been deafening silence from his team mates since his departure other than a few platitudes.

Stafford was a good quarterback in a bad team and rarely had a good line.

Goff was a good quarterback in a team with multiple weapons and a strong Oline in his first 2 seasons.

When the Oline struggled he was an utter mess and became (at best) a mediocre QB in a mediocre team.

Goff was never able to carry the team on his back.

I worry about Staffords age and staying fit, but he's a far better QB than Goff.

I think Goff will really struggle in Detroit.

But we shall see,

21 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

He was 0-7 as a starter in 2016.

And whereas he was a Pro-Bowler 50% of the full seasons he played, he was a Pro-Bowler for 0% of the last 2 seasons.

I do think McVay was worried about the turnovers, but it goes deeper than that.

He wouldn't go through his progressions often missing wide open receivers and seemed to refuse any deep options after 2017.

On reflection the 'We're not on the same page' comment (meaning him and McVay) he made when dropped probably meant with scheme as much as anything.

There has been deafening silence from his team mates since his departure other than a few platitudes.

Stafford was a good quarterback in a bad team and rarely had a good line.

Goff was a good quarterback in a team with multiple weapons and a strong Oline in his first 2 seasons.

When the Oline struggled he was an utter mess and became (at best) a mediocre QB in a mediocre team.

Goff was never able to carry the team on his back.

I worry about Staffords age and staying fit, but he's a far better QB than Goff.

I think Goff will really struggle in Detroit.

But we shall see,

I wouldn't hold his rookie year against him, I mean Stafford had 20 INTs to 13 TDs in his rookie season and went 2-8 in games he played in. Not that impressive when you consider he had one of the best to ever do it to throw to.

Goff had arguably the worst WR room in the history of the NFL - Tavon Austin, Pharoh Cooper, Paul McRoberts, Brian Quick, Mike Thomas, Stedman Bailey, Bradley Marquez and Nelson Spruce - and a really bad OL. It was ranked 31st out of 32 by PFF that year. He had also one of the worst HC in the NFL putting it all together for him, then a special teams coordinator to see out the season. 

The situation Goff has in LA isn't exactly outstanding either, no pro-bowlers on the offensive line or in the receiving core. He's got a very good HC in McVay, but he's not surrounded by elite talent. Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp and Tyler Higbee won't end up in the HOF at the end of their career. 

Stafford looks more impressive than Goff and definitely has better instincts, but Goff will do well in Detroit. It's laughable how his achievements are played down. Up until this last year, the Rams had the 2nd most scored points and he had the 4th most passing yards since he became full-time starter. If he's a bad QB then he isn't putting up those numbers. I can't wait to see what Stafford can do in LA, but I'm equally excited to see what Goff can do in Detroit. 

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Stafford looks more impressive than Goff and definitely has better instincts, but Goff will do well in Detroit. It's laughable how his achievements are played down. Up until this last year, the Rams had the 2nd most scored points and he had the 4th most passing yards since he became full-time starter. If he's a bad QB then he isn't putting up those numbers. I can't wait to see what Stafford can do in LA, but I'm equally excited to see what Goff can do in Detroit. 

Out of interest, what would you define as Goff doing well in Detroit? 

Holding down the starters job a few years? Or leading the Lions to some success?

Archived