NFL 2020 Season

Day

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, David said:

Should have gone to the Bears

Panthers OC was his QB coach at Saints the year before last; I assume that's the main draw.

I agree its questionable for someone who is in essence a game managing QB to go to a team with such a poor defense last year but I wouldn't put it past Rivera to improve that defense hugely in one draft.

43 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Panthers OC was his QB coach at Saints the year before last; I assume that's the main draw.

I agree its questionable for someone who is in essence a game managing QB to go to a team with such a poor defense last year but I wouldn't put it past Rivera to improve that defense hugely in one draft.

Teddy Bears....come on, think about it ?

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

What has the Redskins defense got to do with it? ?

Oh yeah; duh doy.  My point was that the Panthers often flipfop in quality on that side of the ball; it wasn't about Rivera  ? (although he's been their coach the whole time I've been into the NFL so maybe it was about him).

Brady to Buccs all but confirmed. Teddy at the Panthers. NFC South is going to be very very interesting next season I suspect. Assuming there is a next season ?

18 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Rams play in Tampa this year, so I'll get to see Brady play in the flesh for the first time.

I think this is a bad move for the Bucs.

He's simply not the player he was even 18-months ago.

Buccs don't need a big play maker. They have arguably one of the best receiver groups in the league; they have an immense defense. They just need a cool head to manage games - I doubt there's a cooler head out there than Brady.

On 17/03/2020 at 10:30, jimbo jones said:

We’ve tagged Anthony Harris, hopefully the Diggs trade means it’s to keep him, rather than get a good trade. I don’t want to lose Harris.

Strong rumours that the Browns are in for Harris, possibility of Jarvis Landry to come  to Minnesota. That would soften the blow ?

I expected Fowler to leave. I simply doubt he will ever be able to top the season he had. I know one sack he had this season was uncontested. I would've liked him to stay, but he was always going to get better offers than we could meet. I wish him all the best! 

Robey Coleman, I expect, will land on a good team that need a slot guy but not one to play every snap. He's a niche. Brockers was a solid player for a long time. I'm pretty sure that the presence of him helped Donald get loose on occasion and helped his game. 

Those three that have gone, I'm neither here or there on. However, the loss of Littleton hurts. It hurts a lot. He's a top linebacker and he's had transcendent progression from an undrafted free agent to a special teams player to one of the most impactful linebackers in the entire NFL. I really did hope we could keep him and should've done on the money we went for - terrible decision making from the FO. 

I await with baited breath considering that Gurley and Cooks are linked with moves away. We could be down to the bare bones with not much to go at and sparsely any cap space to improve. Extremely difficult to defend the position we've put ourselves in. Jax fans should be rubbing their hands - they may well have two draft picks within the top 5 next year! 

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Michael Pierce coming to Minnesota, quite a few have gone out, nice to see one coming in.

He's a big ol' boy. Came in at 400lbs last camp. Good player, just don't expect a lot of pass rush.

14 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I expected Fowler to leave. I simply doubt he will ever be able to top the season he had. I know one sack he had this season was uncontested. I would've liked him to stay, but he was always going to get better offers than we could meet. I wish him all the best! 

Robey Coleman, I expect, will land on a good team that need a slot guy but not one to play every snap. He's a niche. Brockers was a solid player for a long time. I'm pretty sure that the presence of him helped Donald get loose on occasion and helped his game. 

Those three that have gone, I'm neither here or there on. However, the loss of Littleton hurts. It hurts a lot. He's a top linebacker and he's had transcendent progression from an undrafted free agent to a special teams player to one of the most impactful linebackers in the entire NFL. I really did hope we could keep him and should've done on the money we went for - terrible decision making from the FO. 

I await with baited breath considering that Gurley and Cooks are linked with moves away. We could be down to the bare bones with not much to go at and sparsely any cap space to improve. Extremely difficult to defend the position we've put ourselves in. Jax fans should be rubbing their hands - they may well have two draft picks within the top 5 next year! 

The mismanagement of your cap is frankly criminal.

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

He's a big ol' boy. Came in at 400lbs last camp. Good player, just don't expect a lot of pass rush.

He’s Linval Joseph’s replacement, so pass rush won’t be high enough on the agenda, the big wall in the middle is the role, I’m happy with him, 4 years younger than Linval too.

Archived