David Cornell - Signed for Ipswich

Carnero

1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

As stated on another post of mine, I get to see quite a bit of Northampton (more than I do Derby) and this would be a worrying move for me, even as a back up.

Put the stats aside for a moment (Northampton have arguably the best cb pairing in the league), Cornell is quite the liability.

Too old for Cocu he likes em young.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

As stated on another post of mine, I get to see quite a bit of Northampton (more than I do Derby) and this would be a worrying move for me, even as a back up.

Put the stats aside for a moment (Northampton have arguably the best cb pairing in the league), Cornell is quite the liability.

Before our game the journalist that follows Northampton was talking him up.Claimed he had been fantastic this season and should be in the Welsh squad and could easily be a star at a top club.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Wow, Leeds signed a player you've never heard of before, with a piss poor scoring record in farmers leagues so now we need to go out and spunk the cash around! Makes complete sense! Get a ducking grip.

Never heard of? Do your research before gobbing off with your narrow minded comment , this board is so toxic its unreal. I follow the german league and he had a good record of 12 goals as a 19 year old for RB Leipzig in the bundesliga? And also has a record of 23 goals in 27 games for the u21/u19 France squad , and is still only 22 , the sort of business we should be looking at doing, and yet again implying I said we should spunk the cash around tell me where I said that in my last quote? They have him on loan so me saying players like this doesn't indicate spending money other than the fee to loan someone. LOL

Can’t see us signing a GK this window, not now the investment hasn’t happened on time. In the summer when We get shot of Hamer then yeah, a first choice Goalie will be a priority, but not right now. Would think this is just lazy journalism anyway, half decent lower league player out of contract so link him to every skint club higher up who might take a gamble. Hope it is anyway, I can’t say I’d be too enamoured by a 28 year old league two goalie. I know there are exceptions, but generally if you’re down there at that age you’re not gonna be able to jump two divisions up in the space of a window and succeed. The odds would suggest he’d be found wanting at second tier level.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Can’t see us signing a GK this window, not now the investment hasn’t happened on time. In the summer when We get shot of Hamer then yeah, a first choice Goalie will be a priority, but not right now. Would think this is just lazy journalism anyway, half decent lower league player out of contract so link him to every skint club higher up who might take a gamble. Hope it is anyway, I can’t say I’d be too enamoured by a 28 year old league two goalie. I know there are exceptions, but generally if you’re down there at that age you’re not gonna be able to jump two divisions up in the space of a window and succeed. The odds would suggest he’d be found wanting at second tier level.

I agree , there is the select few that are good keepers and experienced though reading signed sam walker from colchester last year hes 27 and hes quality , although I don't think Northamptons keeper fits the mould ?

58 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Never heard of? Do your research before gobbing off with your narrow minded comment , this board is so toxic its unreal. I follow the german league and he had a good record of 12 goals as a 19 year old for RB Leipzig in the bundesliga? And also has a record of 23 goals in 27 games for the u21/u19 France squad , and is still only 22 , the sort of business we should be looking at doing, and yet again implying I said we should spunk the cash around tell me where I said that in my last quote? They have him on loan so me saying players like this doesn't indicate spending money other than the fee to loan someone. LOL

So is he better or worse than Patrick Bamford?

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Ooo get you mr Wikipedia. ?? only joking, good knowledge. 

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

Wow, Leeds signed a player you've never heard of before, with a piss poor scoring record in farmers leagues so now we need to go out and spunk the cash around! Makes complete sense! Get a ducking grip.

Agreed, the last thing we want is a player with a bad attitude (Leeds' signing) in our position.

• 5 months later...
On 27/01/2020 at 16:41, dcfcreece1601 said:

Just seen that leeds have signed Jean Kevin augusten on loan with an option to sign permanently at the end of the year, and we are linked with a 28 year old from Northampton,  someone I really am jealous of other teams has mel Morris not seen our team of amateurs around rooney? Worst team since paul Jewell played earnshaw and Howard in the prem

face palm GIF

Archived