Types of Winger

Dethorn

Different Wingers  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because we insisted on playing Wiemann, Lawrence and Bennett wingers doesn't mean that's what they are. Wiemann and Lawrence are both better suited to a more central role. Even Russell played most of his games as a striker before he came here.

If I have to pick I will choose Ince from the first group and Russell from the second.

Ince was brilliant for us. Comfortably the best player out of all those mentioned. As others have touched on, it's about balance. I think we could certainly do with a productive winger right now, as opposed to a work horse. I'd take Ince back in a heartbeat. Not only was he productive, he also put in a lot of effort in tracking back. 

Ince wins that for group 1. 

Basically whatever group he's in is the one I'd vote for. 

Russell I wasn't really a huge fan of as a player (though I really like him and his attitude). But he stands out now because of the kind of wide players we've signed since. 

It isn't for Russell's defensive work that I still think he would walk into this team. His ability to drive from deep areas and gain 20-30 yards up the pitch before moving the ball on sensibly would be magic right now. He's good in linking defence and attack. Selfless player. 

Weimann was crap imo. Good for rescuing lost causes and stretching the game when needed. But with the ball at his feet I thought he was pretty useless. Good option on the bench if you need a willing runner. 

Bennett still plays like a new kid on the block. Lots of aggression and speed and always charging about. Should be looking to add a bit more than that asap 

Not going to go on about Lawrence. Don't rate him, his stats say that he passes but not when and how which masks my entire problem with him. But he did well in his last match so he is capable but chooses not to

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not going to go on about Lawrence. Don't rate him, his stats say that he passes but not when and how which masks my entire problem with him. But he did well in his last match so he is capable but chooses not to

That’s the most frustrating thing about him. We know how good he can be but see it so rarely.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Just one who can cross the ruddy ball! 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Someone who can cross a ball 2 out of 3 times to give a Rams player a 50-50 chance of getting on the end of it .

That'll be Hinton.

Went for the more creative group. End of the day, we need them to chip in with a decent amount of goals / creating chances. You just have the accept that being in the Championship usually means that type of player will be more mercurial and have their off days - and some will have more off days than others! 
That doesn’t mean i particularly rate our current crop, but it’s the type of player I’d like us to be in for; I prefer my workhorses in midfield. 

Archived