FA Cup Fifth Round Draw - 27/01 19:19

Sean

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, CobblerK said:

Hi everyone Cobblers fan in peace.

I am looking forward to the replay, we'll most likely sell our allocation so the atmosphere should be great. We will have Scott Wharton back from suspension, who has been by far our best player, a centre back on loan from Blackburn. If we can also get Alan McCormack fit and playing we should have our strongest team available and we do seem to play more football away from home.

On a sidenote, i am going with my dad who has a walking stick and so cant stand for long. Our seats are in row BB, block A, which are right near the front. I'm just a tad worried that stewards will be standing up for the majority of the game blocking our view. I know home fans obviously dont sit there, but does anyone sitting near the away end know if they do stand all game, and whether it would be worth changing seats?

Regards

Block AA is the East Stand Corner...Right next to the South Stand which is where the noise usually comes from from Derby fans, There'll most likely be a safety gap of seats between yourselves and our fans and would have thought some stewards there at the SIDE, As you're right near the front I'm pretty sure stewards will NOT be marshalled there blocking your view.

Hope you and your Dad enjoy your day....not too much tho aye ?

Great draw if we advance!

A good incentive for these players to perform over the next few weeks.

We are almost certain to be on TV again - which will be welcome given the state of the finances.

If we play with the same desire and intensity we have in recent home games, we have a fighting chance.

12 hours ago, CobblerK said:

I am looking forward to the replay, we'll most likely sell our allocation so the atmosphere should be great. We will have Scott Wharton back from suspension, who has been by far our best player, a centre back on loan from Blackburn. If we can also get Alan McCormack fit and playing we should have our strongest team available and we do seem to play more football away from home.

On a sidenote, i am going with my dad who has a walking stick and so cant stand for long. Our seats are in row BB, block A, which are right near the front. I'm just a tad worried that stewards will be standing up for the majority of the game blocking our view. I know home fans obviously dont sit there, but does anyone sitting near the away end know if they do stand all game, and whether it would be worth changing seats?

Regards

I’ve messaged you,does your Dad fancy playing in our defence?

37 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is it just me that thinks some people are being incredibly disrespectful to Northampton in this thread?

These things can often come back to bite you on the arse!

Good point ,   I've never taken any opponent for granted ..  Plymouth in fa cup back in the 80,s  ( Steve Cherry ) and all comes to mind 

15 hours ago, CobblerK said:

Regards

I thought it was the norm now to always stand at away matches anyway. I cant remember the last time I actually sat down away

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Is it just me that thinks some people are being incredibly disrespectful to Northampton in this thread?

These things can often come back to bite you on the arse!

I get your point but I doubt many are taking a win as granted. It would just get a bit boring and repetitive if every post started with "if we beat Northampton" or something similar. 

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I get your point but I doubt many are taking a win as granted. It would just get a bit boring and repetitive if every post started with "if we beat Northampton" or something similar. 

If we beat Northampton, I will give your post a like.

Archived