Harold Moukoudi-joined Boro

DCFC1388

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Our squad was actually bigger than Stokes until we got rid of Keogh.

I think stoke have a squad of hard nosed professionals at this point ( on very high money) which we don’t have but they didn’t know how to use them until recently it seems

Serious question is that how scouting works nowadays clubs trawl the internet to look for first team players at sides who are not getting regular football for whatever reason then phone round the club to ask about their availability?

Unless the players agent phoned round a load of clubs to tout his client as he's stuck in the reserves?

18 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Serious question is that how scouting works nowadays clubs trawl the internet to look for first team players at sides who are not getting regular football for whatever reason then phone round the club to ask about their availability?

Unless the players agent phoned round a load of clubs to tout his client as he's stuck in the reserves?

There is a databases that teams and scouts can use. Leagues and players are categorised to tiers and so on.

Maybe I should write about the scouting bit more in detail, as there is a lots of people not knowing how it works... could be interesting topic for rams tv as well.

34 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

There is a databases that teams and scouts can use. Leagues and players are categorised to tiers and so on.

Maybe I should write about the scouting bit more in detail, as there is a lots of people not knowing how it works... could be interesting topic for rams tv as well.

That would be very enlightening yes I have no idea whether there is some method in the madness or it's just full of chancers 

59 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I’d be interested in reading about it  ?

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Plus one on wanting to read that. Sounds very interesting. Are/were you a scout, Dimmu? Where are your insights coming from?

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Plus one on wanting to read that. Sounds very interesting. Are/were you a scout, Dimmu? Where are your insights coming from?

Okay, I'll write about it when I have bit of a time. Insights are coming from my times being a professional player and manager so pretty trustworthy in that sense.

11 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Well you kept that quiet. Can you play at CB and do you still have boots?

I definitely can and I still have my boots. I also have 20 extra kilos and right leg's been operated 13 times....

Thorne is ducking Superman compared to me.

7 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Yes please.

With absolutely no knowledge of either player my gut is hoping we go with this guy, not Benkovic. 

The way Leicester are hawking him about makes me wonder whether they thinks they have made a mistake on Benkovic, who looks a bit skinny for my liking. 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/player-left-confused-by-stoke-city-and-Derby-county-rejection/

"Cameroon defender Harold Moukoudi has been left confused after his chance of moving to the Championship was rebuffed by St Etienne boss Claude Puel.

Both Derby and Stoke have been looking to bring a number of new faces this month after having fairly poor first halves of the Championship season.

Sitting in the bottom half of the league table, both Derby and Stoke have improved since the turn of the New Year and the duo were linked with a move for Moukoudi, looking to improve their current defensive options.

Journalist Mike McGrath broke the news of reported interest from Derby and Stoke, who approached Ligue 1 side St Etienne over a potential move.

St Etienne boss Claude Puel has since rejected the idea of allowing the Cameroon international to leave, but that has reportedly left the 22-year-old confused as to why he could move to England.

Moukoudi, joined St Etienne from Le Havre last summer and has made 15 appearances in all competitions for the French side this season."

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Maybe he’ll try and push through a loan move then potentially. Would be good news for us now the Benkovic deal is ducked, we have to move on to other options and hopefully this one might become realistic.

Oh I do hope you're right ?

Archived