v Luton Town (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I wouldn't say it was clearly, Lowe was off balanced and shoved, I don't think you'd call it that unless you're being very harsh.

I've only watched the replay once but, I'm pretty sure Lowe looked up and deliberately played it back to Homer. It wasn't a tackle. If he was shoved then it makes the back pass even better, it's not as if he miss-kicked it and meant to put it out for a corner or throw in. 

Just now, GenBr said:

Christ lad. You alright?

You really seem to be taking everything rather personally atm. Calm down a bit - its not the end of the world.

I just prefer to avoid the patronising bilge, to be fair. And you seem to be dishing it out in large amounts.

Anybody to look but I think our away form/results are now officially the worst of any manager since our ‘worst team’ in history season. Very worrying that we only have effectively half of our games to pick up points. 

We desperately need a keeper, two wingers (If he insists on playing this system) and a centre back. Only Derby release two players and have no back up plan.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I've only watched the replay once but, I'm pretty sure Lowe looked up and deliberately played it back to Homer. It wasn't a tackle. If he was shoved then it makes the back pass even better, it's not as if he miss-kicked it and meant to put it out for a corner or throw in. 

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, singaporeram said:

Game screaming out for Marriott. Not always a fan of his but the amount of possession we had on the edge of the box was screaming for someone to make the sort of 5 yard runs that he's excellent at.

Lowe daft at the end but everyone's heads (fans + players) gone by that point.

Cocu's picked three strikers on the bench then frightened to bring them on. Shinnie was the sort of battling presence we could have dealt with once the game turned into a struggle. What has he got against subs. 

We play him (Marriott) though and he’s still poo also. We have no solutions with current staff which isn’t poo. I think we should have all worked that out by now.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You are probably very much in a minority if you think we will get a 21 point deduction. That was Daily Mail nonsense trying to overplay the situation as much as possible.

I was speaking hypothetically but if we play many games like tonight we may not need a deduction to court relegation. An 11 point cushion can disappear rather quickly if we squander "easy" games like tonight and pick up bookings and suspensions....to say nowt of own goals.

I might have asked if anyone sees us making up the 10 points into the top six.

This season can't end soon enough for me whatever the outcome!

If the anti-Carlsberg did football results. 

driving down to London, so lost the RD signal at half time. Listened to the Villa vs Leicester match instead, listening out for the occasional EFL update. 

Don’t judge me, but hoping for a Leicester win. 

first EFL update, Rooney’s scores his first goal. Yay!!!  Forest are still winning, and Leeds have got one back  

second update, Luton 1, Derby 1. Oh no, wait, Luton have just scored another. duck!! Forest are still winning, and Leeds have drawn level, but so have West Brom.

third update, with only a few minutes left, Chris Martin has equalised. Phew. but ducking Leeds are winning now, and West Bromwich Albion are loosing. At least we won’t be loosing. Still a bit pissed off though, if ever we were going to break our away hoo doo, surely 1-0 up against bottom of the league should be the time. Que será, será, take the point and move on undefeated. 

all gets a bit exciting at Leicester, so no more updates. 

leicester loose in te last minute. baalocks. 

so Leicester loose, and as far as I know, Forest and Leeds win. But at least we’ve drawn, so it could be worse. Thank god luton didn’t score a last minute winner, that really would be poo. 

then the updates from round the grounds come in. Leeds are now too, Forest have won and are within 2 points of West Brom. Fuckety duck. 

and at kenilwoeth road, in a 5 goal thriller (eh up, what’s this?) Luton have ended up on top. 

ducking ducking duck, what the duck happened there!!!!

own goal from Boyle. Oh for ducks sake. Couldn’t be a screamer. Had to be a ducking own goal. The worst of all the goals. 

oh, and there was still time for Lowe to get sent off. 

duck OFF football. I’m taking up supporting tiddlywinks. 

24 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

I can and i did. He's acted rash himself. Put yourself in his shoes, it's pathetic. He's not harmed him, he's not in immediate danger. Should take control of the situation and then tell the player not to do that. Let's stop making football so pathetic. Otherwise I'm going to have to stick to the Ice Hockey. 

He acted rashly and did something which is clearly against the rules and likely to result in a red card. If I'd been in his position I might well have done the same but that doesn't make it right or acceptable. I really don't blame the ref. I also find it very hard to believe that he told Hamer he could pick the ball up, as some have suggested. I'll have to watch the incident again. 

Does the ref need to be actually harmed or in immediate danger for a red to be justified? Surely not. 

This season is just awful. I personally don’t trust Cocu to change things around at the club. It will take a lot more than what is being spoken about, personally I’m jealous of the new Newcastle owner from Saudi Arabia, let’s just get the money in and buy some class 

21 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Last 5 or so managers had the likes of Hughes, Thorne, Bryson, Hendrick, Vydra, Ince, Bent, Wilson, and Mount at various times to create or score for them. Who in this current squad is anywhere near the ability of those?

How many of those played in the same team though? Martin, Waghorn, Lawrence, Marriott and Rooney all here right now. Do these players have no previous record? Almost every side in the league would have taken your arm off if you offered them to their club. Loan players haven't worked out this season either. Dowell.

We made players like Hughes, (Bryson) and Hendrick. Just like we have been with Bogle and gradually Lowe. Now Knight and Bird. If those two in particular start pulling up trees in the next 12-18 months, would you then be looking back and saying oh just an average squad? 

It's no wonder other fans in this league are starting to form a dislike for our club. Too many of our fans acting as if we don't have the squad. It just makes them laugh at how spoilt we are. 

Just now, Edtheram said:

This season is just awful. I personally don’t trust Cocu to change things around at the club. It will take a lot more than what is being spoken about, personally I’m jealous of the new Newcastle owner from Saudi Arabia, let’s just get the money in and buy some class 

What new owner at Newcastle, last i read the PL are trying to stop it

Archived