Goodbye geouge thorn and thankyou

B4ev6is

Well geouge thorn I want wish you well and goodbye sorry never worked out for you here. But I will always remmber that goal against doncaster rovers but I hope you can get fit again and play for oxfored untied. But I know how frusrated must have been seeing everyone else playing and training and you cant or be in the stands watching the game if were winning great but if were losing I bet you just wanted lace those boots again and be the hero by getting the winner.

All the best from B4 and rest mighty Derby county fans.

Maybe we shall meet again but next time maybe part coaching staff.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well geouge thorn I want wish you well and goodbye sorry never worked out for you here. But I will always remmber that goal against doncaster rovers but I hope you can get fit again and play for oxfored untied. But I know how frusrated must have been seeing everyone else playing and training and you cant or be in the stands watching the game if were winning great but if were losing I bet you just wanted lace those boots again and be the hero by getting the winner.

Love George thorne absolutely class before his injury gutted for him and really hope he can get over his injuries and get back to his best for Oxford! 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Great post, B4. George is a classy footballer and it is really sad that his career so far has been blighted by injuries.

I will join with you in wishing him all the best for his future footballing career.

The lead up to him signing for us was one of my most enjoyable times on this forum. I was on holiday and very quickly used up my data following the thread. His Derby career could have been so much better but for his unfortunate injuries, i have no regrets having him here and can only wish him all the very best for the future. 

Before his injuries he was a simply unbelievable player. Best CDM in the division and easily potential prem class. Honestly one of the best players I’ve seen pull on the Derby shirt in my lifetime. Absolutely devastating the way his career he went, especially after that broken leg which could have happened to anyone. Genuinely saddens me we never got to see the best of him after his permanent signing. Best of luck to him getting back to fitness.

Sad to see George go, I joined this forum during the transfer saga (prior to that I was a lurker!) 

Injuries obviously decimated his time (and potential) with us and like others, firmly believe he would have gone on to better things.  

Here's hoping he gets a decent run of games at Oxford, stays injury free and recaptures some of his talent - the guys deserves a break (sorry, bad pun!)

Archived