Jack Simpson

Heisenberg

Heard the name but can’t say I’ve seen him play. Which isn’t surprising, given he appears to have only played about 10 pro games at the age of 23. Here lies the problem of coming through a prem academy I suppose. He’s a centre back so you’d hope we wouldn’t need him if we can get this Benkovic deal done this week hopefully. I suspect it’s just the classic link a few championship clubs to a player who might be leaving on loan, and there’s probably nothing in it. Then again, Cocu did say we’d need to look at other targets after this week if we can’t get our first choices, so maybe he’s a last minute second option to look at next week.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

And  if he’s crap 

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'll bookmark this in case he's crap.

well from what ive seen of him he’d improve the squad, played out of position the other week (LB) and put in a proper shift, he would be an decent coup FROM WHAT IVE SEEN (2/3 games)

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Heard the name but can’t say I’ve seen him play. Which isn’t surprising, given he appears to have only played about 10 pro games at the age of 23. Here lies the problem of coming through a prem academy I suppose.

Exactly, he’s behind Ake, Cook, Mepham so I think a 6 month loan and then when his contract runs out at the end of the season could persuade him to join us if he shines

20 minutes ago, Squid said:

Exactly, he’s behind Ake, Cook, Mepham so I think a 6 month loan and then when his contract runs out at the end of the season could persuade him to join us if he shines

Playing that little football you’d think he would definitely need to drop to this level to get some football. Didn’t realise his deal was up, at his age you’d definitely think it would be with a view to a permanent then.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Playing that little football you’d think he would definitely need to drop to this level to get some football. Didn’t realise his deal was up, at his age you’d definitely think it would be with a view to a permanent then.

would hope so, he’s had a fair bit of praise from Howe and seems like the type of player we should be in the market for...

13 minutes ago, Squid said:

would hope so, he’s had a fair bit of praise from Howe and seems like the type of player we should be in the market for...

Can’t say I know anything about him, but if Leicester keep ducking around then we’ll deffo have to look elsewhere, and this looks like the right sort of deal on the face of it. Young, with a potential perm deal.

55 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

With how things are going we should close this whole section of the forum. 

Not all so bad, is it? If teams are looking for exaggerated selling value, I'm damn happy we are not doing business.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Not all so bad, is it? If teams are looking for exaggerated selling value, I'm damn happy we are not doing business.

No it’s not, said very tongue in cheek. It is clear we need some attacking options however you can’t sign a player if the right one isn’t available. Just our whole recruitment side needs refreshing if you ask me. 

Archived