Sign in to follow this  
Andicis

Jason Knight and Morgan Whittaker new contracts

Great news to have their long term futures committed here. Massively deserved by both, particularly Knight who’s really come on the last few weeks to eliminate any early doubts about him and show himself as a potential top player at this level. He’s definitely one of the few in our current squad that have the ability to form part of a promotion winning side that is obviously our long term aim to build. Potential prem class imo. Whittaker is obviously slightly different as he hasn’t really played enough football yet for us to see the level he’s at right now, but the fact he keeps his place in the match day squad week in, week out now clearly shows he’s got great potential, so hopefully this new deal means he now realises it with us in the coming seasons!

This is good news regarding Knight he is looking a very good prospect and has shown a number of more experienced players up with his desire and work ethic.

Happy for Whittaker too but it’s clear he needs more time to make that step up. Maybe a loan, or maybe next season will be his time to shine.

3 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

If Morgan Whittaker has done enough for a new contract - I'd love to see what you have to do to not get given one!

Just a bad take. He's 19. He's not shown an awful lot for the first team yet, but he's been brilliant for the Under 23's and evidently he's been good in training. Why do you have to slag him off? He's a kid. It pisses me off.

5 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

If Morgan Whittaker has done enough for a new contract - I'd love to see what you have to do to not get given one!

Nigh on 50 goals and 20 odd assists in the u19s and u23s as well as being joint top scorer in the u19 European competition.

He won't have been given a massive wage, which gives him time to break into the first team.

The lad will shine given time.

10 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Perhaps the club are just lining up the next scapegoat for moaners early.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Nigh on 50 goals and 20 odd assists in the u19s and u23s as well as being joint top scorer in the u19 European competition.

He won't have been given a massive wage, which gives him time to break into the first team.

The lad will shine given time.

Can't believe you justified that awful take with a legit response.

Just now, Andicis said:

Just a bad take. He's 19. He's not shown an awful lot for the first team yet, but he's been brilliant for the Under 23's and evidently he's been good in training. Why do you have to slag him off? He's a kid. It pisses me off.

Whilst I fully agree with your sentiment, I don't like him to be called kid! He's a 19-year old young man, who's ability to speak outshines most of the older ones here (me definitely included).

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Can't believe you justified that awful take with a legit response.

I figured the person writing it must have been a teenager whose football knowledge comes from the Sun newspaper and reading Ryan Conway tweets on Twitter.

He clearly has no knowledge of his exploits in the youth set up.

Given his record he is probably one of the most highly rated youngsters around.