Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if it was 4-5m it wouldnt be anywhere near that amount up front, would be with add ons etc

The Kadioglu links were saying we had tried at 6m which was half their valuation.

Maybe a young winger on a permanent is what Cocu is looking for and as a club we are willing to back Cocu and pay for one, at a young age its a gamble but if we dont take the gamble someone else will & we would probably end up regretting it as that is the real 'Derby Way'

So pay for a young winger & loan a CB, wouldnt be a bad transfer window.

5 million seems a big gamble on a player we know little about other than his strong reputation, given our current situation. We’ve no idea if he’ll adapt to the championship well or not. 1-2 million would probably be worth the risk, but if they’re rejecting fees as large as 5 mil then I’d probably look elsewhere personally.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

5 million seems a big gamble on a player we know little about other than his strong reputation, given our current situation. We’ve no idea if he’ll adapt to the championship well or not. 1-2 million would probably be worth the risk, but if they’re rejecting fees as large as 5 mil then I’d probably look elsewhere personally.

When you say we know little about, do you mean the fans or the club ? ....who knew a lot about Keegan at Scunthorpe  ?   Or Georgie Kinkladze when he first surfaced?   Don't be so dismissive , he must have been looked at 

1 hour ago, Squid said:

gol24-01.thumb.jpg.694d8a04e1649b29b90f0c50885e794d.jpg

No, it says quite opposite.

It says that if submitted offer would be around 5 million euro, it would be considered as appropriate according to the source.

6 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

When you say we know little about, do you mean the fans or the club ? ....who knew a lot about Keegan at Scunthorpe  ?   Or Georgie Kinkladze when he first surfaced?   Don't be so dismissive , he must have been looked at 

Well the fans obviously aren’t gonna know anything, unless we’ve got some avid Polish football fans on here. But the club aren’t gonna know whether he’s gonna be able to adapt to moving country, playing in this division etc etc. It’s a big gamble as a big money transfer is all I’m saying, I’m sure he’ll have been scouted to look at his natural ability. 

Im all for taking risks on players from abroad don’t get me wrong, I’ve said that numerous times, but the fee has got to be at a level where it’s a risk worth taking for me. Just like with players from league one who might not make the step up. I’m just not sure 5mil+ represents a risk worth taking given our FFP situation imo. But, it’s not my money, and he might come over here and be amazing so??‍♂️

Just had a look on the Blackburn Rovers forum to see if they had any IDK's talking about Jozwiak. It's a pretty dull forum. There's no love there, between posters, no closeness. Not like we have here.

Anyway, interestingly according to them - Bradley Johnson earns almost twice as much as Bradley Dack in spite of being less than half the player. Weird innit?

20200123_211631.thumb.jpg.793f5c3834399166ce41c8999f944854.jpg

Not necessarily, we may be more willing to pay the asking price than Blackburn, or we may have outbid them. Unlikely given the FFP situation, but if we’re really confident that we’ll win that case then maybe we have the couple of million to spend here. He certainly sounds like our first choice winger target.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Not necessarily, we may be more willing to pay the asking price than Blackburn, or we may have outbid them. Unlikely given the FFP situation, but if we’re really confident that we’ll win that case then maybe we have the couple of million to spend here. He certainly sounds like our first choice winger target.

We can currently sign anybody we want to, how it affects our long term FFP is another story 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We can currently sign anybody we want to, how it affects our long term FFP is another story 

That’s what I mean, if we’re in trouble already we don’t want to be worsening it. I don’t actually think a transfer embargo is even on the table in fairness, points deductions and fines is all that’s been discussed.

Archived