Premier League 2

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually a great idea. The EFL rules are not fit for purpose in the championship. 
The rules on how much you could loose each year were set years ago, now year on year there is more money in the sport but the allowance hasn’t changed. 
The rules were brought in not to level the playing field but to save clubs like Hereford/Bury/Bolton etc but two of them have folded. 

Imagine a club like Bournemouth didn’t get promoted, instead they ended up in league 1 for a massive points deducted even though their owner is minted. 

I’ve said this before, after the financial crisis of the banks, two new regulators were brought in one was the Prudential Regulation Authority and there job is to ensure that the banks don’t get anywhere near not being able to continue trading, but they look at their individual circumstances rather than blanketing them all. 

This is the approach the EFL need to take, they need to look at each clubs individual circumstances and just use a common sense approach. The clubs are being punished for ambition.  

12 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Imagine a club like Bournemouth didn’t get promoted, instead they ended up in league 1 for a massive points deducted even though their owner is minted. 

Bournemouth started a league 2 season not too long ago with a 17 point deduction. Clearly the EFLs efforts to save them from financial ruin worked exactly as planned as they have now spent several years in the Prem.

In regards to the OP i dont really like the idea of just abandoning the League 1 and League 2 teams to oblivion. I dont really think you would have enough Championship votes to make it happen anyway - only a handful of teams are would consider it and even then i dont ghink we'd even be one of them. 

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Bournemouth started a league 2 season not too long ago with a 17 point deduction. Clearly the EFLs efforts to save them from financial ruin worked exactly as planned as they have now spent several years in the Prem.

In regards to the OP i dont really like the idea of just abandoning the League 1 and League 2 teams to oblivion. I dont really think you would have enough Championship votes to make it happen anyway - only a handful of teams are would consider it and even then i dont ghink we'd even be one of them. 

We’re literally at the forefront of the potential breakaway…

15 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

EFL = Incompetent.

Derby

Sheff Wed

Leeds

Forest

Swansea

Bristol City

Hull

Celtic

Rangers

Hibs

Hearts

West Brom

Portsmouth

Coventry

Sunderland

Bradford

Ipswich

Fulham

Like the idea but some of your suggestions are a bit weird. Coventry but no Birmingham for example. Also not sure about Bradford, Hibs, Hearts and Portsmouth. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Like the idea but some of your suggestions are a bit weird. Coventry but no Birmingham for example. Also not sure about Bradford, Hibs, Hearts and Portsmouth. 

Bradford immediately sticks out as an odd one, not sure the Scottish teams would come either

Hibs hearts and Coventry and Bradford wouldn’t be good enough for premier league 3 or even 4. Got to include Birmingham Villa and Norwich if it’s starting next season. What’s Cardiff done to be dropped for so many smaller, inferior teams. Would have thought some NW representation would be good, Preston or Blackburn or both 

4 hours ago, cannable said:

We’re literally at the forefront of the potential breakaway…

Ive googled it and all i see are rumours and hearsay. Mel Morris has also stated he doesnt think championship teams should abandon league 1 and 2 teams which is exactly what theyd be doing in any potential breakaway.

Archived