Any one else's year started off poo

ram1964

Well not more than 15 days into the new year and any hope of it being a good one doesn't bode well.

Went back to work after Xmas to discover a pair of ladders had been stolen from a job I was working on. Not the end of the world but no end of messing about replacing them and two days work wasted in the process. Then discover my eBay account has been hacked and some scrote  has been buying a a phone £600 ,fortunately have had the money refunded.

Had to  cancel all my cards ,passwords ect which is a pain in the arse. To cap it all just noticed some one has bumped the front of the car without notifying me ,which means i have to pay £600 excess. 

Not the greatest start to the new year, and I know some people out their will have experienced far worse such as illness or bereavement so I don't wish to sound ungrateful, and wish you all well.

But anyone else seen to be having a bit of a bum start to the year.??

Just checked the postcode lottery that I have done for 3 years but other than the annual Xmas card nothing. ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Well not more than 15 days into the new year and any hope of it being a good one doesn't bode well.

Went back to work after Xmas to discover a pair of ladders had been stolen from a job I was working on. Not the end of the world but no end of messing about replacing them and two days work wasted in the process. Then discover my eBay account has been hacked and some scrote  has been buying a a phone £600 ,fortunately have had the money refunded.

Had to  cancel all my cards ,passwords ect which is a pain in the arse. To cap it all just noticed some one has bumped the front of the car without notifying me ,which means i have to pay £600 excess. 

Not the greatest start to the new year, and I know some people out their will have experienced far worse such as illness or bereavement so I don't wish to sound ungrateful, and wish you all well.

Just checked the postcode lottery that I have done for 3 years but other than the annual Xmas card nothing. ?

It will only get better mate,just getting all the stress out of they early,I think the worst day of the year is next week so don’t go out or speak to anyone.

17 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I had a crap end to 2019 - my oldest and much loved dog departed in October, my mum died in November and my car was stolen by some scrotes from Bradford in December. After that 2020 can only be better! 

Fingers crossed for you , hope it's a good 2020 ?

18 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Early doors still mate plenty of good could happen this year..Nobodies died is an over used but very true expression keep going.Good luck.

18 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I had a crap end to 2019 - my oldest and much loved dog departed in October, my mum died in November and my car was stolen by some scrotes from Bradford in December. After that 2020 can only be better! 

Sorry to hear all that. Not much anyone can say but you have my best wishes ?

19 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Get a local body shop to quote for the repair, you’ll be surprised how reasonable some are, even if it’s £700 private At least your insurance won’t go up.

The protected no claims is all a swiz too, don’t get me started.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Get a local body shop to quote for the repair, you’ll be surprised how reasonable some are, even if it’s £700 private At least your insurance won’t go up.

The protected no claims is all a swiz too, don’t get me started.

Totally aGree, insurance is just a scam.unfortunately piece missing out of bumper  can't be repaired (,opinion of two body shops) and replacement bumper appprox £3500 excel fitting and paint so well peeeed off.

1 hour ago, ram1964 said:

Totally aGree, insurance is just a scam.unfortunately piece missing out of bumper  can't be repaired (,opinion of two body shops) and replacement bumper appprox £3500 excel fitting and paint so well peeeed off.

Couldn’t they source a second hand bumper? 
I can recommend a good honest body shop in Alfreton if you wanted another opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I can recommend a good honest body shop in Alfreton if you wanted another opinion. 

It better not be the one I went to. 
excuse me sir, your car is stuck in a forward gear.

we didn’t break it.

24 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Cheers ,put out my feelers and scouring the internet so may have some luck.

I've had a poo end of 2019, and a poo start to 2020... and yeah, somebody did die!

Not even seen Rooooooooooooooney live in a Rams shirt yet, as I've missed the last two home games sorting my sisters funeral and not being particularly in the mood for footy/Christmas/New year celebrations etc.

But hey... Back on track tomorrow, and looking forward to standing as one beside Uncle Mel, as we duck the EFL and give Hull a pasting to keep the unbeaten run ticking along nicely.  24 hours later, It's off to the airport for the two of us, for some much needed R&R, and temps "soaring" in to the high teens (Oh well.  LOL) ... Oh... and hopefully a "birthday treat" while I'm there.  (She'd better do!)

Hang on in there, buddy.  Good times are just around the corner.  

Don't let the buggers get you down!

UTR.

1 hour ago, ram1964 said:

My car cost £3500 - my whole car.

It is a heap of crap tbf. 

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not even seen Rooooooooooooooney live in a Rams shirt yet, as I've missed the last two home games sorting my sisters funeral and not being particularly in the mood for footy/Christmas/New year celebrations etc.

Really sorry to hear that Mucker x

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh... and hopefully a "birthday treat" while I'm there.  (She'd better do!)

I always insist on birthday coupons now so it's in writing. I bet Mel does that too.

2 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Really sorry to hear that Mucker x

I always insist on birthday coupons now so it's in writing. I bet Mel does that too.

Does Mel know your missus then?

Oh... wait... I see what you mean!  ??

Good idea though... Shame you didn't mention it earlier.  I could have compiled/printed off some "birthday coupons" at work!  ?

Archived