Can we use this to get behind the team?

Boycie

8 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

Don't worry people,just been handed this team sheet for Saturday,everything will be okay.

20200117_105759 (1).jp

20200117_105759_(1).jpg

Puts our current defensive problems in context, apart from Buckley I couldn't actually tell who was playing in defence, strong forward line though.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Loved Bucko - hard as nails and a great shot on him 

I vaguely remember a pre-season friendly at Buxton in 1977 or 1978 when Docherty was undertaking some strange disciplinary action by playing each of the first team (bar goalie) out of position. I recall he had Buckley at centre forward!

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

I love it when the world is against us. One thing I do admire about Millwall and Leeds is that they are kind of outsiders of this football "community". They don't try and make football friends, they don't want you to say nice things about their support, they don't care what you say about their team. I think it works for them. I like their us against the world mentality. Boasting and bravado is their armour

Sure Leeds are deluded and Millwall take pride in offending people. But they're kind of bulletproof.

Even if you tell them the truth they just think it's bitterness. 

Sometimes get fed up of us being in the football community and having care what every pundit says or what away papers write. I'll never forget Arsenal fans clapping Cardiff fans for clapping an Arsenal player. Where's the tribalism in that!! 

There aren't many things to like about Billy Davies or Jose Mourinho. But I do like that they create that siege mentality that Leeds and Millwall have all the time. 

Sod the EFL, Sky Sports and that little love in with Chelsea. I like things like this where we have to come out swinging. 

Like right after the drink driving incident. Fans singing Bennett and Lawrence pissing people off. Good! That would make me want to sing it. We had a chip on our shoulder after that incident and I hope this does now. 

I wish we were playing Boro again and we could all take monopoly money to throw at Gibson. I wish Rooney would score and celebrate by throwing a betting slip at the camera. 

Winding up is better than making friends!!

I agree with the point regarding Millwall, but Leeds very much do care what others think of them. They fervently believe that the rest of the football world should be rimming them at all times, especially since they appointed the Great Autismo as manager, and they regularly throw hissyfits about everyone being against them. There is nothing to admire about Leeds.

23 hours ago, Boycie said:

It seems to be us against the rest of the league chairman and EFL at the moment.

Can we use this to give the team the backing that we know we can?

Nothings been confirmed yet, so how about we all get behind the lads and see what happens?

Or we can just self destruct and boo, it’s up to us.

I think this might just happen you know. 

Will be some wonderful EFL chants tomorrow.

23 hours ago, Coconut said:

How immersed are you in the world of Twitter?

Basically if 20 people on there say "I hate Derby County" and another 10 people post a laughing emoji in that amounts to everyone in the footballing world hating Derby County and us being a national laughing stock.

Oh really. I quit tw@tter over 2 years ago, and it sounds like I made a good decision. 

4 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

The fact that we paid a club record fee for Barry Powell shows that at least our scouting and transfer dealings are consistent. 

You keep dragging up players who I have managed to forget, Barry Powell ffs, Jesus Christ man give me a break. 

Paul Hooks, have that ?

Can't see how this will come to anything ,Efl don't appear to know their arse from their elbow and are probably trying to appear competent after Mel has once again used the system to our advantage, 

The stadium purchase ,Rooneys deal,Mel's involvement with tv rights and broadcasting games have all probably rubbed up numerous nobodies the wrong way.

Reading the forum after the announcement from the EFL was like going 1-0 down in the 90th mins against the gumps in a cup match 

After the DCFC Statement it felt like a 94 minute equaliser.

Now we wait for the penalty shootout.

Its like being 0-1 down after 1 minute then  equalising with the last kick, it feels like a win.

so yeah we can use this to get behind the team.  When you feel like you’ve been unfairly judged, you should come out fighting.

Just after the infamous Joiners night, I was at the city ground at the Forest-Derby game.  Of course they absolutely slammed Tom Laurence all match with boos and you should be in jail chants.  This ironically lead to most of the away end sticking up for him with “ super Tom Laurence “ chants. Realistically I think, we moan and criticise players, managers etc. But when under attack from others  we stick together and defend ourselves.

So yes I do think we will use this to our advantage.  The hull game to me was the acid test, if we lacked desire I would have been worried.  But we won, so yes with a +27000 crowd and 3 pts we are behind the team more so.

1 hour ago, DesertRam said:

If by some quirk of fate the unthinkable were to happen - then we'll just do a Sheff U, and

on our way to the promised land the following season with back to back promotions?

Think we made the blue print for the second half of that statement 

Archived