Can we use this to get behind the team?

Boycie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I always have and always will support the team, no matter where we end up.

My patience with our owner, however, is running thinner by the day.

EFL are the clueless muppets your patience should be aimed at......let’s wait to see outcome

7 minutes ago, europia said:

Not sure about everyone 'hating' Derby County. Maybe I missed something? 

How immersed are you in the world of Twitter?

Basically if 20 people on there say "I hate Derby County" and another 10 people post a laughing emoji in that amounts to everyone in the footballing world hating Derby County and us being a national laughing stock.

I love it when the world is against us. One thing I do admire about Millwall and Leeds is that they are kind of outsiders of this football "community". They don't try and make football friends, they don't want you to say nice things about their support, they don't care what you say about their team. I think it works for them. I like their us against the world mentality. Boasting and bravado is their armour

Sure Leeds are deluded and Millwall take pride in offending people. But they're kind of bulletproof.

Even if you tell them the truth they just think it's bitterness. 

Sometimes get fed up of us being in the football community and having care what every pundit says or what away papers write. I'll never forget Arsenal fans clapping Cardiff fans for clapping an Arsenal player. Where's the tribalism in that!! 

There aren't many things to like about Billy Davies or Jose Mourinho. But I do like that they create that siege mentality that Leeds and Millwall have all the time. 

Sod the EFL, Sky Sports and that little love in with Chelsea. I like things like this where we have to come out swinging. 

Like right after the drink driving incident. Fans singing Bennett and Lawrence pissing people off. Good! That would make me want to sing it. We had a chip on our shoulder after that incident and I hope this does now. 

I wish we were playing Boro again and we could all take monopoly money to throw at Gibson. I wish Rooney would score and celebrate by throwing a betting slip at the camera. 

Winding up is better than making friends!!

29 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I love it when the world is against us. One thing I do admire about Millwall and Leeds is that they are kind of outsiders of this football "community". They don't try and make football friends, they don't want you to say nice things about their support, they don't care what you say about their team. I think it works for them. I like their us against the world mentality. Boasting and bravado is their armour

Sure Leeds are deluded and Millwall take pride in offending people. But they're kind of bulletproof.

Sometimes get fed up of us being in the football community and having care what every pundit says or what away papers write. I'll never forget Arsenal fans clapping Cardiff fans for clapping an Arsenal player. Where's the tribalism in that!! 

There aren't many things to like about Billy Davies or Jose Mourinho. But I do like that they create that siege mentality that Leeds and Millwall have all the time. 

Sod the EFL, Sky Sports and that little love in with Chelsea. I like things like this where we have to come out swinging. 

Like right after the drink driving incident. Fans singing Bennett and Lawrence pissing people off. Good! That would make me want to sing it. We had a chip on our shoulder after that incident and I hope this does now. 

I wish we were playing Boro again and we could all take monopoly money to throw at Gibson. I wish Rooney would score and celebrate by throwing a betting slip at the camera. 

Love it mate.

Football is all about tribalism, its brilliant when Leeds and the Gumps are dead mardy about little old Derby. No one else is bothered about us just like we don't really care about other clubs.

Yeah, we might moan about the odd match but apart from wanting to wind up fans of  Leeds, Forest and Stoke (because of where I live), I don't hate other clubs, I just don't give a monkeys about them. 

We are Derby, nowt else matters. I would love it if Mason Bennett scored the winner in the play off final and pretended to drive past the away end....

52 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We are Derby, nowt else matters. I would love it if Mason Bennett scored the winner in the play off final and pretended to drive past the away end....

15 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

.... and crash into the corner flag?

Imagine the anger it would cause. It wouldn't be funny for any other reason than to watch the reaction. 

Millwall have done some brutal things. The chants about Mick Philpott and the Turkey flags aimed at Leeds were two shining examples of Millwall embracing their image. I don't think that's for me. But I mention it because they don't fight what people say about them, they feed the fire. They have a terrible reputation and thrive off it. Kinda makes them invincible. What can anyone say to wind up Millwall? They just don't care

As I said, I'm not saying that singing Philpott songs is something any decent human should do!! 

Sometimes people say "we are the laughing stock of football". And there was a time where we'd get a bit wound up by Wednesday fans saying we nicked songs. We'd try to convince Forest fans we don't get free tickets with a phone. We would worry about our attendances and make excuses why 700 people went to a game in Birmingham. 

I enjoy it far more when we embrace what people might say about us. The incidents this season and the 32Rooney deal and now this. We don't do it enough. 

If Mason Bennett did that the outrage would be funny. "Oh so you condone drink driving in Derby then" would kind of be the outside attitude. To which we know that we don't. But much more fun to wind them up than sit there sulking because they're being nasty to us. 

We should embrace this rather chaotic off field season. Better than sitting sulking while everyone sticks the boot in. I'd love Mel to stick an ad on RightMove selling Pride Park for £200m. 

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

Million percent this - I don't know if it's the modern way, needing to be loved by everyone, but this is much more like it, bring it on! There are way too many people that care about our 'reputation' what's being said on Twitter or on some phantom message board.

More broadly, enjoy the ride, this is real life. There's up and downs, triumphs and disappointments, take your direction from Rudyard Kipling and treat those imposters the same. It's always darkest before the dawn, for those who can remember 1983/84, we hit rock bottom - The next 20 years were mostly fantastic.

Imagining that we aren't going to win the fight with the EFL; which I think we will, but imagining we aren't - our only real solution is to win every game for the rest of the season, including the playoffs, and get promoted before the EFL can sanction us. Sticking our middle fingers up at them and blowing raspberries as we ascend.

9 hours ago, europia said:

Not sure about everyone 'hating' Derby County. Maybe I missed something? 

Boro, Leeds, Forest to name a few. Everyone’s jealous over the Rooney signing and how we did it. We are not well liked but who gives a poo

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Imagining that we aren't going to win the fight with the EFL; which I think we will, but imagining we aren't - our only real solution is to win every game for the rest of the season, including the playoffs, and get promoted before the EFL can sanction us. Sticking our middle fingers up at them and blowing raspberries as we ascend.

Sounds like a plan.

E-mail Mel.

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

What can anyone say to wind up Millwall? They just don't care

Well, you don't have to say a good damn thing. Just walk past them, that'll wind them up. Big time...

They are not much to the fighting though, actually they were horrible at it.

13 hours ago, Boycie said:

It seems to be us against the rest of the league chairman and EFL at the moment.

Can we use this to give the team the backing that we know we can?

Nothings been confirmed yet, so how about we all get behind the lads and see what happens?

Or we can just self destruct and boo, it’s up to us.

Dam straight we can 

us against them 

duck em all

come on u ducking rams !!!!!!!!

Takes the pressure off us,seasons just a comedy of errors.

Just enjoy it now.

I’d be more worried if I was a gloating Leeds fan,have they learnt nothing from that classic composition,’Stop Crying Frank Lampard’.

I’d be going all out for top 6,imagine if we did it,imagine Steve Gibson’s face.

love it GIF

Archived