EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

Keogh's gone to the EFL at the right time to discuss his sacking. I think he could've murdered a bus full of school children, received a 300 year prison sentence and the EFL would still say he was unlawfully sacked by Derby at the moment. 

Either way, the WW3 undercard gathers steam: United States v Iran in the main event, just after the tag team bout of EFL x Richard Keogh v Mel Morris x Derby County. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Who's got you in a curly wurly?

Perhaps we should offer a bounty for the best one.

My Girlfriend is from Istanbul, She's my Turkish Delight, A right piece of Quality Street, On our 1st date she wore a beautiful dress, I asked her to give me a Twirl, She wouldn't as her Father is a Witch Doctor and into Black Magic, She did say I was her Hero, So we went off to the Wedding on a Double Decker bus as there was going to be huge Celebrations, When entering the Wedding I turned to her and in a Wispa I said I love you, We both went onto the varanda and looked into the night sky and there was a huge Starburst in a Galaxy from a far off Milky Way, As the night went on I walked past the Groom and stood on a packet of crisps that went Crunch, Standing at the bar the guy next to me said are you English? yes I replied i'm from Pontefract my friends call me Yorkie, Would you like a drink I asked, Not yet he said I can't drink till After Eight then that'll give me a Boost, As I turned to see my Girlfriend I saw a lovely Daim who was with a scruffy guy who looked a bit of a Drifter, I asked my Girlfriend what she'd like to do tomorrow, I'd love to go on a Picnic she said, Well the night wore on and we were both tired, We went to our room both stripped our clothes off and I said to her would you like a Chomp on this.

The End.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

My rough estimates..

Stadium sale + residual values = pass 17/18, & pass 18/19
Stadium sale + 'normal' amortisation = pass 17/18, & fail 18/19
No stadium sale + residual values = fail 17/18, & fail 18/19
No stadium sale + 'normal' amortisation = fail17/18, & astronomically fail 18/19

This is the biggest thing in my opinion, as well as reneging their agreement for the stadium sale and the amortisation policy, they've let us manage our finances for 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 and plan the finances for the near future based on BOTH of those things having been accepted.

I imagine this is part of the reason why the club say they cannot re-trace their steps ie. had both not been accepted at the time then we would not have signed some of the players we signed on the wages we have, which as well as meaning the amortisation (via the method other clubs use) would not have been as high but also that the wage bill would not have been as high. We cannot undo this, and the wage bill and amortisation are things that will affect us until all of the players we signed until this was notified have been accounted for.

So this 'lost £30m more than the £39m allowed' is absolutely ridiculous. Of course if they go back on things that change the finances drastically after the fact and then they crudely change the figures to meet this then we would have gone over! What it doesn't mean, however, is that the same decisions would have been made with the knowledge that the EFL would suddenly change their minds.

1 hour ago, I Bought the Tee Shirt said:

My Girlfriend is from Istanbul, She's my Turkish Delight, A right piece of Quality Street, On our 1st date she wore a beautiful dress, I asked her to give me a Twirl, She wouldn't as her Father is a Witch Doctor and into Black Magic, She did say I was her Hero, So we went off to the Wedding on a Double Decker bus as there was going to be huge Celebrations, When entering the Wedding I turned to her and in a Wispa I said I love you, We both went onto the varanda and looked into the night sky and there was a huge Starburst in a Galaxy from a far off Milky Way, As the night went on I walked past the Groom and stood on a packet of crisps that went Crunch, Standing at the bar the guy next to me said are you English? yes I replied i'm from Pontefract my friends call me Yorkie, Would you like a drink I asked, Not yet he said I can't drink till After Eight then that'll give me a Boost, As I turned to see my Girlfriend I saw a lovely Daim who was with a scruffy guy who looked a bit of a Drifter, I asked my Girlfriend what she'd like to do tomorrow, I'd love to go on a Picnic she said, Well the night wore on and we were both tired, We went to our room both stripped our clothes off and I said to her would you like a Chomp on this.

The End.

Jeez you gone all flakey on us,,, I will expect a ripple of applause for that one

48 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

This is the biggest thing in my opinion, as well as reneging their agreement for the stadium sale and the amortisation policy, they've let us manage our finances for 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 and plan the finances for the near future based on BOTH of those things having been accepted.

I imagine this is part of the reason why the club say they cannot re-trace their steps ie. had both not been accepted at the time then we would not have signed some of the players we signed on the wages we have, which as well as meaning the amortisation (via the method other clubs use) would not have been as high but also that the wage bill would not have been as high. We cannot undo this, and the wage bill and amortisation are things that will affect us until all of the players we signed until this was notified have been accounted for.

So this 'lost £30m more than the £39m allowed' is absolutely ridiculous. Of course if they go back on things that change the finances drastically after the fact and then they crudely change the figures to meet this then we would have gone over! What it doesn't mean, however, is that the same decisions would have been made with the knowledge that the EFL would suddenly change their minds.

Exactly this. Some sources say we changed amortisation method in 16/17, but a couple say 15/16. 

Working off the 16/17 date first... Most of the damage from recruitment had already been done by this point, with a number high transfer players already on the books: Thorne, Johnson, Butterfield and Blackman. These 4 players probably account for a difference of close to £15m in the P&S reports. Other players signed before the switch were either low transfer value, or left before the end of the 17/18 period anyway (Camara, Shackell, Ince and possibly Weimann). However, later signings such as Vydra, Anya and Lawrence may not have occured due to transfer fees if the EFL didn't approve of our methods. Nugent, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Davies and Jerome based on wages. e may even have accepted the offer from Wolves for Martin.

Switching amortisation method in the 15/16 season would make a lot of sense, and explain why we were comfortable slashing out as much as we did that summer - Johnson, Ince, Butterfield, Shackell, Weimann, Blackman, Camara, Baird, Pearce, Carson. These players reportedly costing more than £30m and all on high wages. However, if we were told we couldn't change amortisation method, I doubt we'd have recruited as we did.

Let's say we didn't recruit any differently, the difference over the 3 year period compared with other amortisation methods would be something like this...
Residual values - £9m profit (iirc)
Contracts (straight-line) - £8.5m
Contracts (straight-line with extensions) - £5.5m

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Exactly this. Some sources say we changed amortisation method in 16/17, but a couple say 15/16. 

Working off the 16/17 date first... Most of the damage from recruitment had already been done by this point, with a number high transfer players already on the books: Thorne, Johnson, Butterfield and Blackman. These 4 players probably account for a difference of close to £15m in the P&S reports. Other players signed before the switch were either low transfer value, or left before the end of the 17/18 period anyway (Camara, Shackell, Ince and possibly Weimann). However, later signings such as Vydra, Anya and Lawrence may not have occured due to transfer fees if the EFL didn't approve of our methods. Nugent, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Davies and Jerome based on wages. e may even have accepted the offer from Wolves for Martin.

Switching amortisation method in the 15/16 season would make a lot of sense, and explain why we were comfortable slashing out as much as we did that summer - Johnson, Ince, Butterfield, Shackell, Weimann, Blackman, Camara, Baird, Pearce, Carson. These players reportedly costing more than £30m and all on high wages. However, if we were told we couldn't change amortisation method, I doubt we'd have recruited as we did.

Let's say we didn't recruit any differently, the difference over the 3 year period compared with other amortisation methods would be something like this...
Residual values - £9m profit (iirc)
Contracts (straight-line) - £8.5m
Contracts (straight-line with extensions) - £5.5m

I'm pretty sure it was 2015/16, in the notes for the accounts ending June 2016 it says:

Amortisation and residual values on intangible assets

Intangible assets are amortised on a straight line basis over their useful life after consideration of their residual values.

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Keogh's gone to the EFL at the right time to discuss his sacking. I think he could've murdered a bus full of school children, received a 300 year prison sentence and the EFL would still say he was unlawfully sacked by Derby at the moment. 

Either way, the WW3 undercard gathers steam: United States v Iran in the main event, just after the tag team bout of EFL x Richard Keogh v Mel Morris x Derby County. 

Mel Morris and Stephen Pearce after they win by count out:

0FBFA2EB-61FA-42B2-AE68-327AD1B54A0B.jpeg.ef7d2efffce1f14bfa443933a7d42e75.jpeg

£4,293,410 on agent fees (intermediary fees) between Feb 2018 and Jan 2019! Only Stoke, Swansea and West Brom were higher.

The players involved were: Mount, Wilson, Tomori, Waghorn, Marriott, Jozefzoon, Malone, Evans, Holmes, Cole, Keogh, Davies, Lowe, Bogle, Thomas, MacDonald, Rashid, Walker, Hanson, Eyoma, Ravas, Whittaker, and Jerome (sale).

Oct 15 - Feb 16 = £0.323m (8th)
Feb 16 - Jan 17 = £1.961m (6th)
Feb 17 - Jan 18 = £2.180m (8th)
Feb 18 - Jan 19 = £4.293m (4th)

This is one area we seriously need to improve on in future years if we are to maximise our P&S budget.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£4,293,410 on agent fees (intermediary fees) between Feb 2018 and Jan 2019! Only Stoke, Swansea and West Brom were higher.

The players involved were: Mount, Wilson, Tomori, Waghorn, Marriott, Jozefzoon, Malone, Evans, Holmes, Cole, Keogh, Davies, Lowe, Bogle, Thomas, MacDonald, Rashid, Walker, Hanson, Eyoma, Ravas, Whittaker, and Jerome (sale).

This is one area we seriously need to improve on in future years if we are to maximise our P&S budget.

After Sam Rush left you would have thought agent fees would have come down much further than that.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It makes you wonder why agents are getting paid when it's loan players involved! Surely it should just be a deal sorted between the 2 clubs.

Archived