EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Got a slight worry that the EFL are putting out a possible 21 point deduction story to the press to cover there arses so they can give us a 9 point punishment even though there's no case to answer. 

They'll call 9 points lenient and say we should pipe down else they'll give us 21.

Given the strength of the club statement, I imagine if that's the first outcome, the fight will definitely go on.

2 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

So what exactly was DCFC guy & EFL board member Stephen Pearce's role in all of this circus ?

I assume he will have kept Mel Morris informed of what was about to happen but surely would have had some influence within the EFL and point out how foolish they were going to look 

Or is he working from within to finally take the EFL over the edge and allow Mel to carry out his DCFC master plan and abolish the EFL as an authority once and for all ?

Premier League 2 is looking more and more likely to me

Assume he has had no role within the EFL over this .... he wouldn't have been allowed to be involved in any decision.

40 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

In other news, at 00:50 I'm sitting here waiting for five 10 year olds to finally get to sleep at my daughter's birthday sleepover.  Zzzzzzzzzz 

Im sat on a coach at the Channel tunnel.

Dont speak a word of French and not a Scooby what's going on. 

On 16/01/2020 at 17:40, GenBr said:

Good - it was our own incompetence that has brought us to the point where we had to sell the stadium to stay within the rules. We knew the rules and we decided to risk it anyway. If they hadn't changed the rules to allow stadium sales as part of FFP we would be royally ducksd. 

As it stands though I can't really see how the EFL have a leg to stand on in any court case - they signed the sale off and it is not against the rules, so I wish them the best of luck trying to win that one. (if it is related to the stadium)

The whole thing is entirely down to the incompetent mismanagement of the club finances - entirely our own fault.

Yes which ever way you try to sugar coat it, DCFC is living beyond its means. Massively over inflated player wages and poor financial management are the root cause. The club has sold its main asset, Pride Park, in order to try and circumvent EFL rules. Once you have sold an asset, it's gone. 

Just an observation, but Coventry City who no longer own their ground, will be playing their home cup tie against Birmingham City, at Birminghams ground, where Coventry are currently tenants for home fixtures. Absolutely bonkers. 

16 hours ago, Duracell said:

What picture do you think they'll use for the official statement? Corner flag? Or is it time to mix it up a bit?

16 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Outside view of the stadium. 

15 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Front cover of Kes with his 2 fingers up.

So anyway... I get's this call late yesterday afternoon... It's Mel... "Hey Mucker, me old mucker", he bellows... "Any chance we can sit in your seat to take a stadium pic for the big Eff Off announcement?".   

"Eff Off, Baldy" says I.

So they went and took it from the seat behind!  ?

Sarcasm is lost on the 'phone... Of course he could have sat in my seat!  I would have dined out on that for months!

#iwasonlyjokingmel.

13 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

The club will strongly contest the challenge to the valuation of Pride Park stadium, as well as the newly notified charge in respect of intangible fixed asset amortisation.

As a matter of law, the EFL is not entitled to bring either of the charges, having previously agreed to all of the arrangements surrounding the stadium sale and never having raised the issue of player amortisation before. The Club shall argue that the very bringing of the Charges itself is unlawful.

At all times, the Club has acted transparently with the EFL in its submissions for both FFP/P&S and, in respect of the charges above, had received written approval for all of its submissions in respect of this legislation. No allegation has been raised to the contrary by the EFL. Rather, the EFL now claims that it made a “mistake.”

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/01/club-statement-17th-january-2020

IN YA FACE GIBBO YA PERMED BANKER 

COYR

If you could shag a statement...

55 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes which ever way you try to sugar coat it, DCFC is living beyond its means. Massively over inflated player wages and poor financial management are the root cause. The club has sold its main asset, Pride Park, in order to try and circumvent EFL rules. Once you have sold an asset, it's gone. 

Just an observation, but Coventry City who no longer own their ground, will be playing their home cup tie against Birmingham City, at Birminghams ground, where Coventry are currently tenants for home fixtures. Absolutely bonkers. 

Coventry have never owned the Ricoh. Always been tenants.

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I don't normally skip your posts and haven't been keeping up with this thread, but weren't you saying we had been lied too yesterday and the club was a shambles etc? Plus loads of other posters saying similar. When will people learn not to continuously go off on one? Or do you all do it on purpose?

Its like alot engage fingers and keyboard before understanding the facts.do we all really think mel would have sold the stadium (if against the rules thus knowing we would be done for it) hes a man that has made millions im business why would he be so silly.the EFL have cocked it up and are now trying to back track at our expense.is it right we have got to the point we have had to sell the stadium NO but i didnt see many moaning when we were spending in all business its about gambling ask any person that has made big money and i can bet they tell you the time they took a huge risk and it payed off.if you remember we had just lost at Wembley playing some of the best football in years all we need was a few quality signings to get us over the line the following season.mel took a gamble like alot of teams that are close to promotion and spent big to try and get us there.unlike alot of others we failed.however again i didnt see anybody moaning then, as the vast majority also believed thats all we needed.fans of football and i include myself are so fickle its unreal. 

Archived