Sign in to follow this  
Ramchop

Sheff Wed 10 years season tickets

11 minutes ago, Ramchop said:

Would you be masochistic enough to commit to this many years at Pride Park?

No, and then I'd be annoyed at myself for not having done it after 15 years of buying season on season

What's amazed me is they've said the 10 years kicks in whenever they get promoted in the next 15 years - So they could go 10 season not getting promoted, go up and THEN your season ticket 10 year deal kicks in - You could in theory get the seat for up to 25 years for one up front payment

20 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

No, and then I'd be annoyed at myself for not having done it after 15 years of buying season on season

What's amazed me is they've said the 10 years kicks in whenever they get promoted in the next 15 years - So they could go 10 season not getting promoted, go up and THEN your season ticket 10 year deal kicks in - You could in theory get the seat for up to 25 years for one up front payment

I guess that if it works and they do up, the lost revenue is massively offset by the Premier League prize money

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

What happens if it takes them longer than 15 years then? Do you just lose your money?

We've been outside the Prem for 12 season now and they've been out for 20. Seems a bit of a risk to me even if it does have a 15 year lifespan.

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

What happens if it takes them longer than 15 years then? Do you just lose your money?

We've been outside the Prem for 12 season now and they've been out for 20. Seems a bit of a risk to me even if it does have a 15 year lifespan.

The way I read it was it being an unlimited period of time until promoted, then the 10 year period begins (and continues even if relegated)

3 hours ago, GenBr said:

No, so whatever happens (it suggests) you get 15 years of championship football for the price of 10 if they don't go up at all

If they go up at any point then your 10 year period starts counting and all the seasons you watched until then were free