Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

43 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

31 and a half games in 7 years!

I take it all back lets give him another 7...

?

Max Lowe has played less than 30 games for us since he first got into the squad 7 years ago, let's get rid of him while we are at it. I mean there's only 10 months difference in age, quite clearly not going to cut it,only need to look at how bad his performances against Leeds last season were. Injury prone as well. 

?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Incoming controversial opinion alert*

He seems to me to be very much like Jake Buxton, or even Richard Keogh.

In that he is always a 9-10 for effort, but not good enough for a team with aspirations of promotion.

Yes, he loves the club, but frankly I'd rather see Josefzoon playing than Mason.

He's got *no* chance of making it in the Premiership, and whilst he might pop up with the odd goal or assist against tired legs, his worst performances have always been when starting.

He's simply not got the ability to make things happen without that "explosive acceleration" we talk about, which only works as an impact sub.

Before anyone says something like "none of our young players could make it in the premiership"...

Bogle, Lowe, Bird, Bielik, Knight, Sibley, Whittaker? - I think they all have potential to be premier league players one day, and right now I would prefer to see any of those in the first team, and most of them are substanially younger.

His best chance at a solid career is to move to League 1, maybe help push a team towards promotion.

*Whistles nonchalantly on the way out*

35 minutes ago, erathirea said:

*Incoming controversial opinion alert*

He seems to me to be very much like Jake Buxton, or even Richard Keogh.

In that he is always a 9-10 for effort, but not good enough for a team with aspirations of promotion.

Yes, he loves the club, but frankly I'd rather see Josefzoon playing than Mason.

He's got *no* chance of making it in the Premiership, and whilst he might pop up with the odd goal or assist against tired legs, his worst performances have always been when starting.

He's simply not got the ability to make things happen without that "explosive acceleration" we talk about, which only works as an impact sub.

Before anyone says something like "none of our young players could make it in the premiership"...

Bogle, Lowe, Bird, Bielik, Knight, Sibley, Whittaker? - I think they all have potential to be premier league players one day, and right now I would prefer to see any of those in the first team, and most of them are substanially younger.

His best chance at a solid career is to move to League 1, maybe help push a team towards promotion.

*Whistles nonchalantly on the way out*

No player currently in this Derby team has more ability to play their position than Richard Keogh, equally no player in this Derby team was as consistent as he was. Obviously, it's just my opinion but I know it's correct. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

No player currently in this Derby team has more ability to play their position than Richard Keogh, equally no player in this Derby team was as consistent as he was. Obviously, it's just my opinion but I know it's correct. 

Couldn’t agree more. Keogh’s ability far outweighs Bennett in nearly every way. A far better footballer.

Bennett peaked last year under Lampard. He is very fragile in body and mind. His confidence seems very fragile. Lampard boosted it and he performed to his peak. I don’t think we’ll see a better Bennett than we did last year. Impact player he is fine, but after what happened I wouldn’t bother if he was released. 

42 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Nooooooppppppeeeee ?

43 minutes ago, erathirea said:

Following up with a controversial opinion of my own

What have we seen of Sibely and Whittaker which deserves such high praise from everyone on here? Bogle, Lowe, Knight and Bird have all broken into the side and done well playing first team football - I've only seen Whittaker for 10 mins or so in home games but he's not set the pitch alight - I fully appreciate I've not seen the games he's had a bit longer in though 

I guess my question is - Are we judging them on u23 performances? Or the basis of the minutes they've played for the first team?

59 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

What have we seen of Sibely and Whittaker which deserves such high praise from everyone on here?

Sibley? Very strong game against Palace. Grew into the role as the game went on and looked very much like he belonged by the end of it. None of the silly rash tackles, passed well, linked up well, all-round a really good performance from a lad of his age. Even the commentators were impressed saying 'he looks a real prospect'.

Conversely, Morgan needs more time. Not every young talent is going to walk into the senior team and prosper but if they have the talent, they must be given game time. How else can they adapt? It's kind of a sink or swim scenario IMO. 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Max Lowe has played less than 30 games for us since he first got into the squad 7 years ago, let's get rid of him while we are at it. I mean there's only 10 months difference in age, quite clearly not going to cut it,only need to look at how bad his performances against Leeds last season were. Injury prone as well. 

?

Exactly - excellent post sir ! 

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Sibley? Very strong game against Palace. Grew into the role as the game went on and looked very much like he belonged by the end of it. None of the silly rash tackles, passed well, linked up well, all-round a really good performance from a lad of his age. Even the commentators were impressed saying 'he looks a real prospect'.

Conversely, Morgan needs more time. Not every young talent is going to walk into the senior team and prosper but if they have the talent, they must be given game time. How else can they adapt? It's kind of a sink or swim scenario IMO. 

Good to know - I didn't get to see the Palace game

On 14/01/2020 at 04:35, Sparkle said:

Absolute bargain for another championship team he had an excellent season last year showing great progression for the rams but plenty on here want to throw away someone who can actually carry on that improvement and who can cover a number of forward positions as well - I hope the club see what he can offer 

Are you on glue.?

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

100 percent agree with this, would love to find a centre back as good and solid as Keogh, has Mel got 10 million plus to spend, wish he had not got in that vehicle that night of shame, we have missed him so so much this season, anyway onto the future, we need a good centre back, wide man and forward in, then promotion is ours.  And PS, Bennett is a good squad player to have around, and can make a impact off the bench, we need a squad not just 11 players starting, so if the deal is right for DCFC then sign him up. 

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

You must be if you think he had “an excellent season” And showed ”great progression”

He did, quite clearly, show progression. The stats bear that out.

I don't think he's a world beater, but a goal or assist every 158 minutes is far, far better than anything he's ever produced. To say otherwise is simply wrong.

I’d say Bennett is a reasonable low budget squad player.

he was plugging a gap wide left both for the first team and the u23s

he has had some good moments.
As a previous poster observed that 20 minutes v Preston was encouraging. the cross for Lawrence’s winner at Reading was fantastic. And the goal v Wigan.

if it wasn’t for him honking his guts up into the urinal at the Joiners, and huddlestone putting it out on video, most fans would probably regard a new contract offer as a no-brainer. 

Now? we can’t really afford not to offer a new deal. He is obviously ahead of Mitchell-Lawson, and we have other priorities with regards to recruitment. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Rowett has confirmed his interest in Bennett. Cocu has alluded to one play leaving this month, Ryan Conway thinking this player could be Bennett.

Personally I think it will be Jozefzoon.

Gary Rowett loves talking about other clubs players then finishing his statement with "but the reality is he's <insert club>'s player and I don't want to be disrespectful and talk about a player from another club".

Given Rowett has publicly announced his interest in Bennett, you’d have to think that he’s the one who will be leaving. He’s the only one with a proper solid link of interest from elsewhere. He’s currently injured though, so I’m not sure whether Millwall would be wanting to take a gamble on him now.

What are 8th place Millwall going to get out of him that 17th place Derby can't? Keeping in mind he hasn't been a first team regular...well ever really?

Maybe change of environment after the drink driving thing. Maybe he feels he needs to get away from Derby after that and rebuild himself.

I still think he's an asset for us, especially with our financial situation (forget the fact that our sale of the stadium is legitimate in my view, I don't like that we were in the position where we had to sell it to meet regulations in the first place)

Archived