Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

Just now, Anon said:

It's a strange signing for Rowett. He didn't play him when he was at Derby, so I don't see what Bennett has done to change his mind since.

He simply had better runner in Weimann at the time. Or maybe Rowett sees Joinersgate as a positive thing ?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

He simply had better runner in Weimann at the time. Or maybe Rowett sees Joinersgate as a positive thing ?

Mason could only manage a half of Peroni before chucking up in 2017. His improvement has been astounding.

I don't particular like how Bennett has been labelled an alcoholic, even troublesome player by some. I saw Millwall fans talking about him being a negative influence in the dressing room. 

He was daft, in the heat of the moment did something that he shouldn't, but by all accounts is a hard working and very positive influence in the dressing room. If you gauge the comments from Lampard, in particular, the difference between Mason and Marriott is night and day. 

I've got a lot of time for him; he's consistently punching up and I would say he's fairly consistent in his own ability. I just don't think that he's got the ability to step it up another level and I would personally move on. I think the biggest loss could be someone who turns up and gives 100% at training every day and encourages others to push themselves.  

I really hope he does well. 

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't particular like how Bennett has been labelled an alcoholic, even troublesome player by some. I saw Millwall fans talking about him being a negative influence in the dressing room. 

He was daft, in the heat of the moment did something that he shouldn't, but by all accounts is a hard working and very positive influence in the dressing room. If you gauge the comments from Lampard, in particular, the difference between Mason and Marriott is night and day. 

I've got a lot of time for him; he's consistently punching up and I would say he's fairly consistent in his own ability. I just don't think that he's got the ability to step it up another level and I would personally move on. I think the biggest loss could be someone who turns up and gives 100% at training every day and encourages others to push themselves.  

I really hope he does well. 

I think looking at his breath test reading and the fact he puked up and crashed his car. He is anything but an alcoholic because anyone who is used to Ale would be able to take and function on it a lot more.

I wish him well. He has always been a trier. 

Part of me wants Lawrence out too to cleanse us of the whole October incident. 

We need new faces up front and a new energy. 

Hope we can somehow get one or two in that pose a real goal threat because when I look at our starting line up, there aren't many I would put money on to score. 

On 17/01/2020 at 11:53, S8TY said:

I know you are currently on a two year ban Mason so if you’re reading this ...I’ll come from Kent and pick you up and drive you to Millwall ...I know the area well...it’s really nice and friendly ..you’ll love it 

One of our own, etc etc....

Archived