Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

Millwall would be a really good move for him. 1) Cocu was given Bennett when he came into the job, would he have signed him had he been a player at another club, most likely not, at least Rowett is proactively showing that he wants him. 2) He gets to move to London, which given he's a footballer on decent money, means that he can live a much more progressive life style if he so chooses. 3) The tube means he won't have to drive everywhere - it may seem like I'm joking, but he's banned from driving for two years and it's difficult to get about without a car! 

Wish him all the best, move him on - we've got overrated, overpaid, poorly scouted players to get on board! 

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you are currently on a two year ban Mason so if you’re reading this ...I’ll come from Kent and pick you up and drive you to Millwall ...I know the area well...it’s really nice and friendly ..you’ll love it 

I wouldn't be overly fussed if we got rid.  Win win for both parties, we get rid of a frustrating player that the fans seem to hate, and he gets to prove himself at another club, fighting for a play off spot.  Now if we can just get someone to stump up for Lawrence as well...

I wouldn’t go if I was him.
He’ll still be a squad player, Rowett will get another job and he’ll be stuck in the cesspit of south London.

There is a player in there somewhere though.

i don’t see much difference between him and Che Adams. 

13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I wouldn’t go if I was him.
He’ll still be a squad player, Rowett will get another job and he’ll be stuck in the cesspit of south London.

There is a player in there somewhere though.

i don’t see much difference between him and Che Adams. 

Adams was virtually 1 in 2 in his last season with Birmingham. He’s streets ahead of Bennett.

13 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Adams was virtually 1 in 2 in his last season with Birmingham. He’s streets ahead of Bennett.

In terms of playing style they seem pretty similar.

If Bennett Could be more aggressive and then he could become a good player. 

Bennett might flourish at Millwall playing in front of smaller crowds with fanatical support.After all ,Lawrence looked terrific at Ipswich and Jozefzoon played well at Brentford.Perhaps it’s the “large crowd syndrome?” or failure to cope with the greater expectation or the groans at Pride Park when things aren’t going well ?

3 minutes ago, Shang said:

£250k is an absolute bargain for Millwall, such a low value it doesn't matter if he works out or not. He's worth more than that and we're losing a player who can play on the wing.

Not sure I agree with this.

Yeah but there could be stuff going on behind the scenes. Who knows the fallout from joinersgate, there could be bad feeling. It's a fresh start for everyone this way.

Archived