Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bennett strikes me as a player that is always punching up. He's a tireless worker, will leave everything out on the pitch and is actually pretty consistent in his performances. I just don't think he's got the technical ability to play in the Championship, a solid League One player who plays with his heart on his sleeve and will battle away - until he gets injured. 

I'd personally allow him to leave, but wish him all the best. 

2 hours ago, rynny said:

He is still eligible for the next generation's team... 

How many warning points would get me banned for ever on here? I have one already expiring end of March. Are you able to permanently bar me? I don't mean from posting. I mean from even looking. 

The majority are  F' in clueless. Not funny, even tho they think they are. Yet I keep coming back for a cheeky look.

Please tell me how I can bail out.

29 minutes ago, Charlie van de Borreltje said:

How many warning points would get me banned for ever on here? I have one already expiring end of March. Are you able to permanently bar me? I don't mean from posting. I mean from even looking. 

The majority are  F' in clueless. Not funny, even tho they think they are. Yet I keep coming back for a cheeky look.

Please tell me how I can bail out.

Put a request in to @David

4 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

24 this year.

His 90 appearances for us over the years have amounted to 6 goals and 6 assists

Im talking the likes of Whittaker, Tyree Wilson and Festy who are 17 or even Mitchell-Lawson 20

I feel like that stat is unreliable as he has hardly had any minutes for us. 

He is quick, strong and provided some important goals and assists as well as finding some form end of last season and start of this. Sign him on an extra 2 years, if he is decent then we win, If he isn’t, we can recoup some of our investment when he moves on.

11 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

24 this year.

His 90 appearances for us over the years have amounted to 6 goals and 6 assists

Im talking the likes of Whittaker, Tyree Wilson and Festy who are 17 or even Mitchell-Lawson 20

So he is still eligible for the under 23s then? ?‍♂️

His 90 appearances, of which 25 are starts. 32 of those before he was even 18.

53 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Does that actually make him rather productive then?

Based on last season, Bennett was extremely productive - 8 goal contributions in 34 apps is respectable for a young pro; especially when he was limited to only 1325 minutes on the field (better than 1 every 2 games). He wasn't brought on to give him minutes. He was brought on to win us points - we won more points from Bennett's goals/assists than we did from Lawrence's or Mount's!

Imagine this scenario with a different 23 year old...

19/20 - played 4 games before getting injured
18/19 - played 17 games, scoring 3 and assisting 5
17/18 - played 11 games scoring 3 and assisting 1
16/17 - loan to a L1 club, played 8, scoring 1 and assisting 1
15/16 - loan to L1 club, played 5, scoring 1
14/15 - loan to L2 club, played 3, scoring 1

You'd probably be hoping he makes a quick recovery from injury and back in the first team asap. Well that's Bennett except for Bennett having a more stop-start career to date, managers preferring to buy experienced players instead (Anya, Blackman), and opportunities limited to mostly bench appearances.

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Based on last season, Bennett was extremely productive - 8 goal contributions in 34 apps is respectable for a young pro; especially when he was limited to only 1325 minutes on the field (better than 1 every 2 games). He wasn't brought on to give him minutes. He was brought on to win us points - we won more points from Bennett's goals/assists than we did from Lawrence's or Mount's!

Imagine this scenario with a different 23 year old...

19/20 - played 4 games before getting injured
18/19 - played 17 games, scoring 3 and assisting 5
17/18 - played 11 games scoring 3 and assisting 1
16/17 - loan to a L1 club, played 8, scoring 1 and assisting 1
15/16 - loan to L1 club, played 5, scoring 1
14/15 - loan to L2 club, played 3, scoring 1

You'd probably be hoping he makes a quick recovery from injury and back in the first team asap. Well that's Bennett except for Bennett having a more stop-start career to date, managers preferring to buy experienced players instead (Anya, Blackman), and opportunities limited to mostly bench appearances.

Which has been my point in the two different threads that are currently on about him

Archived