Jump to content
RiddingsRam

Mason Bennett - joined Millwall on loan until the end of the season

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, UttoxeterRam83 said:

Get rid.. 

I always liked Bennett but that was purely because he came through the academy. I think we all wanted him to do well because of that but he is an impact sub at best! 

If Waghorn and Marriott had started the play off final, we would have won..

He isn't good enough as a main striker unless he drops down a league. 

Would do well for someone like Burton.

Good luck to him is he does go.

I think we have established that Marriott is never fit ! 18 months and two managers keep saying it - if he was fit he would have played from the beginning - Bennett played a major part getting us to Wembley in the 2nd leg at ******* road wearing down the Leeds defenders hitting the post and winning a penalty - they couldn’t deal with him and the others running at them, and at Wembley he was supposedly helped by Lawrence - I can’t remember Lawrence touching the ball ( did we come back into that game when we eventually had 11 players on the pitch?

Share this post


Link to post

Bennett was good for us last season under Frank, got some crucial assists, penalties and goals for us.

One thing I like about Bennett is that with the ball at his feet his only thought is to run towards the opposition goal but unlike Lawrence he doesn't overcomplicate it with tricks that never come off. We miss someone with his explosive acceleration to beat a man in the final third or on the counter attack and his willingness to take a chance at shooting on goal.

Share this post


Link to post

Had a good season last season and offers something a bit different from our other attacking players. 

The downsides are the obvious injury record and the joinergate fallout, I also don’t think he particularly suits the Cocu style

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Had a good season last season and offers something a bit different from our other attacking players. 

The downsides are the obvious injury record and the joinergate fallout, I also don’t think he particularly suits the Cocu style

Still trying to work out the Cocu style ? 

Share this post


Link to post

With Bennett being under 24, as long as we have offered him a contract the same as his last one we will received a compensation fee if he were to reject it & join someone else.

The rules state that the new deal cannot be less favourable than his current contractual terms.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

With Bennett being under 24, as long as we have offered him a contract the same as his last one we will received a compensation fee if he were to reject it & join someone else.

The rules state that the new deal cannot be less favourable than his current contractual terms.

"Alright Mason, you're on £4000 a week at the moment, you've been here for a while, how does £4000.50 a week sound, is that okay yeah?"

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Squid said:

"Alright Mason, you're on £4000 a week at the moment, you've been here for a while, how does £4000.50 a week sound, is that okay yeah?"

He doesnt deserve that 50p increase, keep it the same 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Is he still young enough to go to tribunal if we offer him a contract? 😂

 

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With Bennett being under 24, as long as we have offered him a contract the same as his last one we will received a compensation fee if he were to reject it & join someone else.

The rules state that the new deal cannot be less favourable than his current contractual terms.

and here's me thinking I was simply joking...

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Shang said:

Bennett was good for us last season under Frank, got some crucial assists, penalties and goals for us.

One thing I like about Bennett is that with the ball at his feet his only thought is to run towards the opposition goal but unlike Lawrence he doesn't overcomplicate it with tricks that never come off. We miss someone with his explosive acceleration to beat a man in the final third or on the counter attack and his willingness to take a chance at shooting on goal.

I'm not a Bennett hater by any means.

But he is actually particularly quick?

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Share this post


Link to post

Weird one if we’ve offered him a new deal. Perhaps we want to get shot of him but want him to sign a new deal to make some cash off him... good business if it works but I’m not convinced that’s the plan. Personally I’d still rather keep him, he’s Got a lot to offer and is better than most our other widemen... not that that says a lot of course. I guess you could say he’s not first choice and we’re looking to sign another winger this window, so I can see how we can afford to lose him mind.

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm not a Bennett hater by any means.

But he is actually particularly quick?

There was a clip where they asked the players who was the quickest and Bennett was said. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, rynny said:

There was a clip where they asked the players who was the quickest and Bennett was said. 

To be fair, being the quickest in our squad is like winning the 100m sprint down the old people’s home... there’s not much competition 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Millenniumram said:

To be fair, being the quickest in our squad is like winning the 100m sprint down the old people’s home... there’s not much competition 

Was a year or 2 ago, when we had the likes of Weimann

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.