Mason Bennett - Left for Millwall

RiddingsRam

56 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

How long has he been at Millwall? I don’t think he has made the team yet unless he is injured.

I think this is the first game he could've been in contention for - but I assume he's still injured. Mason Bennett innit.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/02/2020 at 20:08, Ghost of Clough said:

I know we offered him a contact but didn’t know if any offer being accepted. I feel he’s decided it’s enough (especially after Joiners Gate) so will leave on a free* in the summer.

*Will we be due any compensation?

Pretty sure that we will have offered him a one year extension on current terms, because that means any team that wants to sign him in the summer *will* have to pay compensation. Probably a "here's a contract offer - please don't accept it".

• 4 months later...

Ironic as he was too difficult for Preston to handle at our place until he was injured and subbed and never got to play again 

still our player I believe and I still believe he has lots to offer Derby county and if anyone can get that out of him it would be Cocu 

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Ironic as he was too difficult for Preston to handle at our place until he was injured and subbed and never got to play again 

still our player I believe and I still believe he has lots to offer Derby county and if anyone can get that out of him it would be Cocu 

Not got the football brain or the first touch you need to be top championship player which is what we need to get out of this league, he will always be an average championship player in my opinion not bad as a sub or back up player but I would like to think we would be looking for better players in the summer.

23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Nope. Far too much bad blood there now, he needs a fresh start.

Mason Bennett isn't good enough for us in my opinion. He shows the odd glimpse of decent stuff now & again. He's not consistent enough, apart from the odd bit of decent stuff he doesn't bring enough to our team. He isn't better than what we have & he does improve us. Not got a great footballing brain. Im not bothered if he leaves. 

3 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Not got the football brain or the first touch you need to be top championship player which is what we need to get out of this league, he will always be an average championship player in my opinion not bad as a sub or back up player but I would like to think we would be looking for better players in the summer.

Or any brain for that matter. Probably summarises what most of the players out of the academy at the time were like...clearly got some raw attributes for football but has virtually no precision or finesse to how he plays. 

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am sorry his time here is over after what he said abour our club and ended keogh carer at Derby so sorry he should not come back.

I thought it was Lawrence who ended keoghs career? Be glad to see the back of both of them. At least we will get money for lozzer. 

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am sorry his time here is over after what he said abour our club and ended keogh carer at Derby so sorry he should not come back.

34 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I thought it was Lawrence who ended keoghs career? Be glad to see the back of both of them. At least we will get money for lozzer. 

Keogh ended keogh’s career

14 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Mason Bennett isn't good enough for us in my opinion. He shows the odd glimpse of decent stuff now & again. He's not consistent enough, apart from the odd bit of decent stuff he doesn't bring enough to our team. He isn't better than what we have & he does improve us. Not got a great footballing brain. Im not bothered if he leaves. 

Probably become a star at Millwall.

Archived