FA to take no action over Rooney shirt number

PodgeyRam

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/wayne-rooney-32-shirt-Derby-county-32red-football-association-sponsorship-rules-1363928

Can't believe they even had to investigate it to be honest. 

If he's not allowed to have the number 32 because of 32Red does that mean no team sponsored by them should have a number 32?

Football media went to town on "Derby can't have waybe Rooney, he's Wayne Rooney and they're Derby County, there must be something wrong with it"

And the FA dutifully went "OK guys, we'll find it".... "Oh, there isn't actually anything wrong with it do'h"

So look forward to sports columnists spending the next few days basically writing fancy versions of "I was right and it is wrong that Wayne Rooney plays for Derby County and the fa is wrong for not agreeing with me"

Now they can go back to what really matters. Reading players tweets and punishing them if it reflects poorly on the sport. 

I can put up with swearing at referees, diving, feigning injury and the odd bite and stamp on someone's head. But seeing the number 32 on Wayne Rooney makes me sick. Him and Derby are basically saying put my life savings down on a roulette table. 

50 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Now they can go back to what really matters. Reading players tweets and punishing them if it reflects poorly on the sport. 

I can put up with swearing at referees, diving, feigning injury and the odd bite and stamp on someone's head. But seeing the number 32 on Wayne Rooney makes me sick. Him and Derby are basically saying put my life savings down on a roulette table. 

You are joking, right?

2 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

You really think people are that weak willed? I bet (deliberate word) that only 1% of Derby fans have ever played Roulette and even less do it regularly.

Been addicted ever since we signed Rooney. 

Well I for one did exactly that.

I saw Wayne Rooney wearing the number 32 shirt and interpreted that as sound financial advice to gamble all I had on 32 red on the roulette wheel.

I sold my car, all my furniture and re-mortgaged my house. Took my pot to Macau (where there are no limits on the tables) and placed the bet. So sure was I of success my hand didn't even tremble as I pushed the mountain of chips on to the baize; my lip did not quiver as the wheel spun and the ball rattled and ricocheted across it.

Then - as the silver marble found its final fateful resting place - reality hit me like a train and, of course, my life was over as I knew it.

With a heavy heart, I now have to live in the tax haven of Belize as the bet came off (it was never in doubt though, was it?) and I am a gazzilionaire.

So forget Bitcoin, go Rooney 32.

32 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

You really think people are that weak willed? I bet (deliberate word) that only 1% of Derby fans have ever played Roulette and even less do it regularly.

I’ve played roulette, but weirdly never since we signed Rooney. Could I cite that as Rooney saving me from gambling. 

The irony would be if Red32 pay half Rooneys wages from January

As he joins with Derby languishing in the bottom 6 the odds for them going up lengthen to 100-1

As a mark of solidarity 100,000 Derby Fans open a Red32 account and put £50 on them going up

Obviously a Rooney inspired Derby - make it all the way to the playoff final and Red32 stand to lose £500M

Archived