Krystian Bielik ACL Injury

Tornado

Well we seemed to put all our eggs in one basket with this guy who has hardly set the Derby county side on fire and we have found a way of damaging that investment very early on again - serious bad luck - again 

we don’t need a replacement this season - whilst we have ,Huddlestone, Bird and Evans and Rooney has effectively started there as well so far. 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont understand why we have to blame someone. We criticise our recruitment yet as far as i know Bielek has no history of ACL injuries....He had a shoulder injury...not sure how the two can be connected.

We criticise the fitness coach, not sure how 'strong' you make a knee, if its twisted the wrong way its twisted the wrong way.

We talk about injury prone and Thorne for example but breaking his leg was nothing whatsover to do with being injury prone, or being made of glass or whatever we call him. 

If it is ACL as it seems its really sad, unlucky for him and us....lets hope he can make a quick recovery but cant help but feel we wont see him until Summer 2021, unless he does as someone said come back as quick as Hughes did.

8 hours ago, Tombo said:

Joined in December 2007 and we've had 13 cruciate ligament injuries since then

Fozzy x3

Thorne

Hughes

Winnall

Bielik

Olsson

James Wilson

Barker (before THAT injury when he was out)

Paul Green

Mark O'Brien

Steven Davies

That does look like a lot, but I guess you’d have to look at other clubs’ experiences over the same period to see if we’re having a disproportionate or unusual number of similar injuries before concluding there must be something specifically wrong with the club’s coaching, recruiting or facilities.

If we are getting more than our fair share then they really ought to be getting to the bottom of why (although it might all boil down to bad luck and coincidence).

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Didn’t George do it twice with us?

I’m losing count. 

No, Thorne tore his ACL before coming on loan to us; then in pre-season after we signed him. His next major injury was his leg-break against Ipswich.

53 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well we seemed to put all our eggs in one basket

Exactly the phrase which came to my mind. That £7m could/should have been spent on 2-3 players. Instead we have a pricier George Thorne sitting on the books, burning a hole in our FFP. This season is seriously trying my patience. 

Mate of mine has a PhD in biomechanics and apprently there is quite a bit you can do in terms of strength and conditioning to help reduce the likelyhood of these sort of injuries in some cases (such as going up for a header and landing off balance) but ultimately if a fall or twist is bad enough then there is pretty much nothing you can do.

I'm more inclined to chalk this one up as bad luck as much as anything. As I said before, peak Derby. We are not allowed nice things.

20 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Exactly the phrase which came to my mind. That £7m could/should have been spent on 2-3 players. Instead we have a pricier George Thorne sitting on the books, burning a hole in our FFP. This season is seriously trying my patience. 

We have a big squad already, I dont see the sense in adding 2 or 3  players of average standard, there is usually a reason players have a price tag, MM Nd Cocu obviously felt that Bielik was one peice of the jigsaw to move forward towards the premiership with, his knee, it's just bad luck, we've had a lot of it of late.... as for folk not thinking he's worth the money, he was beginning to show his potential after some aclimatization ?

53 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

No, Thorne tore his ACL before coming on loan to us; then in pre-season after we signed him. His next major injury was his leg-break against Ipswich.

I just remember him bent double fiddling with his knee after his comeback. V Brentford? 
I got the impression all was not well, and I seem to remember he went back for more surgery? 

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I just remember him bent double fiddling with his knee after his comeback. V Brentford? 
I got the impression all was not well, and I seem to remember he went back for more surgery? 

image.png.33caf2e68efbc271751a634df971a206.png

(Doesn't have his injury from this season but I suspect its not tracked below the Championship level)

28 minutes ago, nfb said:

We have a big squad already....

Have we? 
we have a squad which is unbalanced. Hardly any central defenders. No left footed wingers. 
we seem to still have lots of players that we don’t particularly want.
We also have 5 or 6 players aged over 30 in their final contract.

suddenly the squad seems to have more holes than emmental.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

image.png.33caf2e68efbc271751a634df971a206.png

(Doesn't have his injury from this season but I suspect its not tracked below the Championship level)

Um....I could swear that I remember more keyhole surgery, and reference to a tear or something not being 100%. 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Um....I could swear that I remember more keyhole surgery, and reference to a tear or something not being 100%. 

Probably the 86 day Thigh Muscle Strain. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I dont understand why we have to blame someone. We criticise our recruitment yet as far as i know Bielek has no history of ACL injuries....He had a shoulder injury...not sure how the two can be connected.

Have you never seen the Skeleton Dance then?

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Was that not from the leg break? I'm sure he had to have a few operations on that. 

44 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Have we? 
we have a squad which is unbalanced. Hardly any central defenders. No left footed wingers. 
we seem to still have lots of players that we don’t particularly want.
We also have 5 or 6 players aged over 30 in their final contract.

suddenly the squad seems to have more holes than emmental.

Exactly... but,  my point was that buying 3 or so players in the 2/3m bracket may not have been seen as a step toward the promised land, which I presume they thought Bielik is. 

12 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Are most people that get ACL's tall? 

I don't think height is a risk factor, at least I haven't heard if so. Being an athlete is usually enough and women tend to get ACL's done easier though.

I'm 5'10" and did my ACL three times during my brief playing career so being shortish certainly didn't help me.

Wow just seen Bieliks injury on the u23’s highlights, so innocuous. Looks like he awkwardly plants his foot after attempting to nick the ball and his knee goes. Terrible shame for the player and the club especially as some will no doubt use it as a stick to beat the club with. 

For what it’s worth he hasn’t made the impact yet that we all hoped for and with the emergence of Max Bird we have plenty of bodies in midfield to cover. Think Cocu was hoping to deploy WR32 further forward but this will alter that.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Was that not from the leg break? I'm sure he had to have a few operations on that. 

No. It was deffo his knee. Wasn’t there something about him tearing the ligament and it wasn’t totally snapped therefore he had a bit of a patch repair rather than the full monty op? And the repair needed a repair? Or am I just getting old and confusing it with something on Pet Rescue?

Archived