Krystian Bielik ACL Injury

Tornado

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankfully this has happened in a season that's already pretty much over as far as promotion/relegation is concerned. If he can stay at the bottom range of ACL recovery time (6 months) then he could be back for pre-season or soon thereafter.

Bald eagle, who every day appears in the first team Derby in the Championship, this time played in the reserve team because of three suspension matches for the red card, which he watched in a clash with Charlton. Everything to keep fit and in a moment help your teammates again.

https://www.laczynaspilka.pl/reprezentacja/reprezentacja-a/kontuzja-krystiana-bielika-polak-czeka-na-wazne-badania1?fbclid=IwAR0Dwh9t2MwvfxKSFR_QtzpNjXpMg88no4VEYtgWC9LXfrzPs7FdJhH-QfE

Gotta love Google translate

I know there has been threads about not targeting players for criticism, but can we criticise our fitness coaches (Steve Haines for example)?

Since Steve joined us, it's been knee injury after knee injury. It sounds simplistic, but are we missing something in our warm ups? Stretching for the ball seems to consistently lead to ACL injuries

2 minutes ago, Ramchop said:

I know there has been threads about not targeting players for criticism, but can we criticise our fitness coaches (Steve Haines for example)?

Since Steve joined us, it's been knee injury after knee injury. It sounds simplistic, but are we missing something in our warm ups? Stretching for the ball seems to consistently lead to ACL injuries

Joined in December 2007 and we've had 13 cruciate ligament injuries since then

Fozzy x3

Thorne

Hughes

Winnall

Bielik

Olsson

James Wilson

Barker (before THAT injury when he was out)

Paul Green

Mark O'Brien

Steven Davies

30 minutes ago, Ramchop said:

Oh come on, really? Are we Steve Haines bashing now? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40679002

This type of injury was inevitable with the way he thunders in trying to make up for being a yard of the pace all the time. I had a weird thought it may this game that would do it and I was right .Since he's arrived he seems to have strapping on injuries and gets some kind of knock every game leaving him holding something in pain every match .  He clearly wasn't up to speed when he came in , Isn't that mobile anyway and a combination of the two has caused this situation . His tackling seems reckless and like he's trying to hard and he seems less fit than when he started..   Maybe he could have been better managed too be honest.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This type of injury was inevitable with the way he thunders in trying to make up for being a yard of the pace all the time. I had a weird thought it may this game that would do it and I was right .Since he's arrived he seems to have strapping on injuries and gets some kind of knock every game leaving him holding something in pain every match .  He clearly wasn't up to speed when he came in , Isn't that mobile anyway and a combination of the two has caused this situation . His tackling seems reckless and like he's trying to hard and he seems less fit than when he started..   Maybe he could have been better managed too be honest.

or maybe it was just a bad injury , bad luck, it happens......the report linked by @cannable shows that modern pitches are to blame for this particular type of injury.

Absolutely gutted for the lad and for Derby, as I think he could have been a monster for us.

46 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Damn that’s not good news at all. Won’t see him until we’re into next season I wouldn’t think. Would probably be a wise decision to loan in someone in CDM to cover him, given Evans injury record isn’t great either.

I'm just going to keep saying Shandon Baptiste (Oxford) until the recruitment team finally catch on.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Oh come on, really? Are we Steve Haines bashing now? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40679002

Is Steve Haines exempt from scrutiny?

There are many contributing factors to increased injuries in the modern game as your link explains and it's not unreasonable to assume that fitness coaching is one of those factors.

https://www.sportsgambler.com/football/injuries-suspensions/england-championship/

On 13/01/2020 at 19:56, deanoakaram4life said:

His Injury record for such a young age is frightening! Doesn’t this matter when recruiting players? 

This kid has had really bad luck, we seem to be getting our fair share of bad luck both this season and with these type of injuries but this is a valid question.

Im so fed up us splashing big money on players that for one reason or another don’t make a good signing, I half wish we have to make do with the academy or loans.

Very unfortunate.

these acl injuries seem difficult to fully recover from.
Hughesy is about the only one who seems to made made a full recovery and  even then it could be argued that he seems to have lost something. 

I hate all these loans and patch repairs.
for now I think we have probably have enough holding midfielders with bird, Rooney, huddlestone recovered, shinnie and Evans (presumably on their way back), and possibly even Jordan brown starting to emerge in the u23s. 

We are going to have to start making some proper signings as the recruitment requirement for the other positions is starting to become significant. 

Something that we could have done without as obviously he was Cocu's marquee signing.

Only shown potential so far so dont think we are really going to miss him, it's just going to put his development back.

Midfield is the one place where we do have numbers so wouldnt be rushing out to replace him.

Archived