Krystian Bielik ACL Injury

Tornado

10 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

i'll take a wild guess that most of the "it's an ACL & he's out for a year" posters are under age 30. They love a bit of over the top drama.

It's the modern way you know ( i'd use a hashy tag or whatever it is if i knew where it is on the keyboard )

#TOOMUCH CORRY/EMMERDALE/LOVEISLAND

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

i'll take a wild guess that most of the "it's an ACL & he's out for a year" posters are under age 30. They love a bit of over the top drama.

It's the modern way you know ( i'd use a hashy tag or whatever it is if i knew where it is on the keyboard )

To be fair, Thorne going off as a precaution in his first pre-season friendly and then it turning out to be a torn ACL has destroyed any optimism I have with regards to knee injuries. 

Then Hughes… then Fozzy… then Fozzy again… then James Wilson… then Olsson… then Fozzy AGAIN… and I think I’m missing one or two at that 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

What planet are you from?

This is proper fill your boots territory.

Perfect opportunity to:-

(a) Slate Cocu for playing him in the u23s

(b) Slate Morris for blowing our summer transfer budget on him

(c) Slate the recruitment team for not foreseeing that he was going to get a serious knee injury

We are talking about the perfect storm for some posters on here, they will literally have been running around their living rooms, shirt over head Ravanelli style, when this news broke!

Now there's a signing worthy of a meltdown, are we still paying him?

Good post btw ?

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I did phase 1 of my Army training on a torn ACL. He just needs some ibuprofen and a hot bath an he'll be reet.

Best not to think about the bit where my knee fell to bits shortly after mind you.

I'm hearing you mate, i went 6 weeks before mine was properly diagnosed. I've only had another 2 ops on the same knee since.

The turning point in our injury curses begins towards the end of the week when the reports come out describing his injury as "not as bad as first feared" and he's playing again in a few weeks.

It was filthy wet conditions last night. Similar to when George did his acl v that Russian mob. It seems as if stretching and slipping and over extending the joint are the cause of this injury.

In those conditions they should either play like the first team - at walking pace - or wear wellies.

I feel sorry for him as it horrible luck and hopefully it isn't too bad an injury. However, don't think we will miss him much as from what I have seen of him Bird is just as good as him if not better all ready and will probably develop at a faster rate as he has just broke through into senior football. We also have Shinnie and Huddlestone who are decent options . Personally don't see why we signed him, 8 million on a player who just has promise without being the finished article who has only played much in League 1 seemed unwise at the time and this is not captain hindsight as a lot of people thought the same. He would have been an alright signing for a Bournemouth or maybe a midtable side in a foreign1st division league such as Serie A or the Bundesliga as one for the future, but for us we need players who are likely to succeed and go up in value at lower prices than 8 mill it was a risky gamble that has clearly not paid off. As we are not loaded with cash , 8mill and then duck all on any other signings was very questionable precisely for this reason,  it may not be serious but say he has a serious injury that he doesn't recover from and we let him go on a free to a league 1 /lower championship team in a few years just like Thorne we would have just waited a vast proportion of our budget with little to no return.  Every permanent signing we make just seems to be terrible of late,  even besides his injury problems he has looked off the pace and mistake prone.  If Cocu is going to have to do recruitment based off advice from our clearly shocking recruitment team signing players like Dowell and not improving key areas of the team, I would rather us just play our youth and develop them.

7 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I feel sorry for him as it horrible luck and hopefully it isn't too bad an injury. However, don't think we will miss him much as from what I have seen of him Bird is just as good as him if not better all ready and will probably develop at a faster rate as he has just broke through into senior football. We also have Shinnie and Huddlestone who are decent options . Personally don't see why we signed him, 8 million on a player who just has promise without being the finished article who has only played much in League 1 seemed unwise at the time and this is not captain hindsight as a lot of people thought the same. He would have been an alright signing for a Bournemouth or maybe a midtable side in a foreign1st division league such as Serie A or the Bundesliga as one for the future, but for us we need players who are likely to succeed and go up in value at lower prices than 8 mill it was a risky gamble that has clearly not paid off. As we are not loaded with cash , 8mill and then duck all on any other signings was very questionable precisely for this reason,  it may not be serious but say he has a serious injury that he doesn't recover from and we let him go on a free to a league 1 /lower championship team in a few years just like Thorne we would have just waited a vast proportion of our budget with little to no return.  Every permanent signing we make just seems to be terrible of late,  even besides his injury problems he has looked off the pace and mistake prone.  If Cocu is going to have to do recruitment based off advice from our clearly shocking recruitment team signing players like Dowell and not improving key areas of the team, I would rather us just play our youth and develop them.

That’s the spirit. Should cheer him up if he pops in for a bit of a read during his downtime.

14 hours ago, cannable said:

To be fair, Thorne going off as a precaution in his first pre-season friendly and then it turning out to be a torn ACL has destroyed any optimism I have with regards to knee injuries. 

Then Hughes… then Fozzy… then Fozzy again… then James Wilson… then Olsson… then Fozzy AGAIN… and I think I’m missing one or two at that 

Sam Winnall

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Jesus, has anyone on here not had an ACL injury?

I've not; but I've had over a dozen bone breaks and had the handlebar of a bicycle impale my thigh. ? 

It's the city, for sure. ? 

Archived