Krystian Bielik ACL Injury

Tornado

24 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

McClaren should never have rushed him back. It was lack of cover as mascarel and eustace both were injured. 

The following season he was really good for us. 

Hope Bielik does recover quickly. But hope we don't rush him. 

Yeah he obviously wasn’t ready for the amount of games we gave him so soon after his injury. I think Bielik will be ok personally, often it’s the part between returning to training and being able to play matches which takes the time, but he should hopefully be in a position to return to training at some point during pre season and build his fitness up with everyone else roughly. I don’t think he’ll miss too much of next season if things go to plan.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest worry is quite possibly that he spends too much time in the gym doing weights and bulks up too much, making him even less mobile than he is now.  I'm sure I remember one manager (possibly Clough about Miles Addison) saying they had to actively stop him going to the gym so often.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He was good in 15/16 but he’d lost a yard of pace. Presumably because of the second ACL.

Looked pretty nippy when he scored that goal against Man Utd....:(

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

The biggest worry is quite possibly that he spends too much time in the gym doing weights and bulks up too much, making him even less mobile than he is now.  I'm sure I remember one manager (possibly Clough about Miles Addison) saying they had to actively stop him going to the gym so often.

Same reason Clement had Mels expensive new gym equipment rememved under cover of darkness

On 23/01/2020 at 15:51, duncanjwitham said:

I think that was because in one of Addison’s first games he was up against Parkin and was dominated in the air. He didn’t want it to happen again so bulked up

28 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think that was because in one of Addison’s first games he was up against Parkin and was dominated in the air. He didn’t want it to happen again so bulked up

As much as anything, I suspect it’s the desire to just be doing something (anything) to keep fit.  You go from training everyday and being in good shape all the time, to basically sitting on your backside for 6 months (because your knee won’t physically allow you to run or kick a ball or whatever).  So you go to the gym and do weights every day, because you can do that without putting strain on your knee.

• 1 month later...

Our midfield is going to be fantastic next season.

Bielik, Rooney, Bird, Holmes, Knight, Shinnie, Sibley...

And that’s without spending a penny in the transfer market. Spine of this team is on its way to being potentially top two standard and Bielik is going to be one of the key pieces. Can move him between DM and CB, he’ll be such a valuable player for us.

Also, in great news for Bielik, if the Euros are pushed back then he won’t miss them after all.

Imagine getting Bielik back in time for the last 9 game push, he would be the exact type of signing I would have been hoping for in January, to have him return from injury, alongside Huddlestone and Dwayne Holmes would give me real hope of making that final push.

Of course, every other team will be hoping to have fully fit squads, but with the emergence of our kids, Bielik would be a very welcome addition.

No need to rush him and would need to get up to speed on his fitness.

There could be a case for using him as a centre back next season with the abundance of talent coming through the ranks in midfield and Rooney and Holmes to come back from injuries. I'm pretty sure Bieliks preferred position is centre back too. Roll on next season whenever that maybe??? ??‍♂️

39 minutes ago, Franks Tanked said:

No need to rush him and would need to get up to speed on his fitness.

There could be a case for using him as a centre back next season with the abundance of talent coming through the ranks in midfield and Rooney and Holmes to come back from injuries. I'm pretty sure Bieliks preferred position is centre back too. Roll on next season whenever that maybe??? ??‍♂️

I don't think there's just a case. I think he's going to be our first choice CB alongside Mike te Wierik and will only play in midfield if and when he is needed. 

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

I don't think there's just a case. I think he's going to be our first choice CB alongside Mike te Wierik and will only play in midfield if and when he is needed. 

In my opinion he doesn’t seem quite disciplined enough *yet* for CB. Can be quite rash and pulled out of position easily (from what I’ve seen from 3 minute highlight reels)

3 minutes ago, Taribo said:

In my opinion he doesn’t seem quite disciplined enough *yet* for CB. Can be quite rash and pulled out of position easily (from what I’ve seen from 3 minute highlight reels)

I agree but that will be overlooked due to his aerial ability and commitment to winning the ball but mostly due to his composure and passing range. 

Archived