Krystian Bielik ACL Injury

Tornado

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’ve seen how players in U23 games want to prove a point against star players like Bielik. 

The challenge on him was naive if not reckless to say the least. 

Id argue training is often good enough throughout the season to maintain sharpness and fitness for top players. 

Ask Paul McGrath 

Paul McGrath hardly trained. His knees were shot and he wouldn't have been able to play if he trained properly.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The challenge was from behind 

Are we talking about the incident ~30 seconds into the highlights here? 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/01/u23-highlights-Derby-county-2-2-tottenham-hotspur

That's the only footage I've seen, and I'm not 100% sure this is even the injury - it's not mentioned in commentary or anything.

If it is, it's the most innocuous thing you'll ever see.  There's no tackle or anything, both players are on their feet, the Spurs player just gets to the ball first and maybe bangs knees slightly with Bielik.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

Are we talking about the incident ~30 seconds into the highlights here? 

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/01/u23-highlights-Derby-county-2-2-tottenham-hotspur

That's the only footage I've seen, and I'm not 100% sure this is even the injury - it's not mentioned in commentary or anything.

If it is, it's the most innocuous thing you'll ever see.  There's no tackle or anything, both players are on their feet, the Spurs player just gets to the ball first and maybe bangs knees slightly with Bielik.

That’s not innocuous 

Bielik was just running alongside the player. There was hardly anything in it. That could have happened in training easy as anything. People asking why Bielik was playing not Huddlestone. Look where Bielik was playing Monday night. Centre of Defence. Im sure the plan was to play Bielik there Saturday. I believe it was just to get him refreshed in playing that role again. What happened to him could have happened in training. Nothing else in it. 

6 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I genuinely have a hard time believing he is real and not some AI experiment @David has created on the forum.

My long standing theory is that he’s someone whos set up various guises on here over the last 10 years that have been purely to wind up others.

Either that or he’s just loveable Ol’ Curtains 

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

My long standing theory is that he’s someone whos set up various guises on here over the last 10 years that have been purely to wind up others.

Either that or he’s just loveable Ol’ Curtains 

Actually not that keen on  this forum anymore mate . 

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I won't be losing sleep!

I am glad you know what Bielik wants.

Told you Lampard was leaving and you wouldn’t except it. 

Told David that Van Dijk was worth 75 million and he wouldn’t except that.  

Closed ears 

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I actually meant more for Ipswich, they were just turning up for a kick about and that blokes flying through the air with studs half way up George’s leg.

You just knew that that would kill our season, mind you losing GT shouldn’t have led to the capitulation in The first leg but that’s by the by.

Yeah i dont buy thats what cost us.....we were excellent in the 2nd leg.....no thorne then so we should have been able to cope.

Bielik played, no going back now, he’s injured and we await the news on the severity.

Rightly or wrongly the decision to play him, it was a decision made by the staff that work with him in training and see him everyday unlike us or his agent.

We have no data, no knowledge of where he was at fitness wise, or if the reason to play him was simply more minutes at cb. Stretching the argument into the state of the pitch at Loughborough is ridiculous. 

I’ve been, seen it with my own eyes contributing to climate change by travelling over 100 miles, it’s a decent pitch.

Injuries happen, players have been out for weeks before through injuries in training sessions and even off the field accidents.

Can’t wrap them up in cotton wool and call games “meaningless”, same injury could have happened in training....whys he training, meaningless training session.

All the best with your recovery Krystian, hope to see you back on the pitch soon!

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Not sure about that mate. 

You by you mate, it doesn’t matter what the rest of us say. It’s just sometimes these threads can end up being five pages of bickering and repeating the point which is unnecessary. When that happens the perpetrator deserves a bit of a jesting.

18 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Bielik was just running alongside the player. There was hardly anything in it. That could have happened in training easy as anything. 

Yeah. I can't even tell if there's any real contact with Bielik, or if Bielik twists his knee as he's planting his foot to turn back inside.  

18 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Told you Lampard was leaving and you wouldn’t except it. 

Told David that Van Dijk was worth 75 million and he wouldn’t except that.  

Closed ears 

I thought you said you had had your final word on this ????

Archived