Krystian Bielik ACL Injury

Tornado

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I actually meant more for Ipswich, they were just turning up for a kick about and that blokes flying through the air with studs half way up George’s leg.

You just knew that that would kill our season, mind you losing GT shouldn’t have led to the capitulation in The first leg but that’s by the by.

A 3-0 loss sounds bad but Carson let in a 30 yard pea-roller, a double deflected OG, and then a 98th minute 3rd (how were 8 minutes added on?!) when we were naively chasing a goal to narrow the deficit - they only had 3 shots on target in the whole game!

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If he was fit, how much could we sell him for do you think? Have we increased his value - wasn't that what Mel was keen on doing?

'If' your aunty had balls she'd be your uncle.

How many tins of Pedigree Chum can you get out of a 6'2" 12 stone bloke?

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

All reserve games are relatively meaningless. The results don’t really matter. 

I maintain that Ipswich game was meaningless when Thorne played. 

Home or away first leg in playoffs who cares .

You're right. It's performances and fitness which do matter - hence Bielik playing to regain some match fitness since he hadn't played for 2 weeks and had only played 200 minutes of football since the 26th of November.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You're right. It's performances and fitness which do matter - hence Bielik playing to regain some match fitness since he hadn't played for 2 weeks and had only played 200 minutes of football since the 26th of November.

So Huddlestone was put straight back in first team without a reserve game but not Bielik ! 

Why is Marriott not playing U23 games to get fit then. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I’d say Bielik was far fitter and sharper than Huddlestone 

Obviously the coaching staff didn't think so and he played. Maybe he asked to play for his own fitness. He's not had a run of games due to suspensions and injury. Training isn't enough, match fitness is very different.

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Obviously the coaching staff didn't think so and he played. Maybe he asked to play for his own fitness. He's not had a run of games due to suspensions and injury. Training isn't enough, match fitness is very different.

I’ve seen how players in U23 games want to prove a point against star players like Bielik. 

The challenge on him was naive if not reckless to say the least. 

Id argue training is often good enough throughout the season to maintain sharpness and fitness for top players. 

Ask Paul McGrath 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I’ve seen how players in U23 games want to prove a point against star players like Bielik. 

The challenge on him was naive if not reckless to say the least. 

It is an unlucky injury, nothing more and nothing innocuous or untoward. 

16 minutes ago, Curtains said:

All reserve games are relatively meaningless. The results don’t really matter. 

I maintain that Ipswich game was meaningless when Thorne played. 

Home or away first leg in playoffs who cares .

But the first game of the season ?

Bielik’s selection can be argued either way. Perhaps he didn’t want to play but it’s not unreasonable that he had a run out. 

if max hunt hadn’t been sold perhaps he would have played, and he would now be in hospital. 
It is what it is.

The problem with bielik is it’s hard to tell whether he’s a defender or a midfielder.
He is powerful and mobile, but clumsy and prone to errors.

If he is a midfielder - which seems to be how we want to use him - then it’s a bit of a strange signing given the size of the fee; the fact that we’ve not long since signed George evans; and there was a risk of blocking max bird. But those are the decisions someone is paid to make. We are just not quite sure who is making the decisions.

Archived