Mason Bennett “close” to signing new contract

Day

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Love it if this window we could sell Bennett, Lawrence and Huddlestone after their involvement in that incident. 

Football's a cynical game and I understand Mel not sacking Lawrence because of his financial value to the club. And not sacking Bennett because of Lawrence's value. 

If we can't shift Bennett I'd release him. He is an injury waiting to happen and a poor finisher for a striker. I am always disappointed to see his name on the teamsheet. 

Problem is, we have not got the funds to buy loads of wingers/strikers and who we got coming from the academy to play in them positions. I would rather have Bennett on the team sheet than Whittaker, jozefzoon, anya etc!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

Im afraid your mate may be extremely pissed or high on illegal substances. I’d ask him in the morning when he’s sobered up (ps tell him not to drive the Range Rover until he is) 

He can tell his mate I will happily talk football with him (if he brings his illegal substances with him)

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Im afraid your mate may be extremely pissed or high on illegal substances. I’d ask him in the morning when he’s sobered up (ps tell him not to drive the Range Rover until he is) 

Ha ha ,he's normally quite sensible but lost his marbles on this one ,hi Paul.

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Guessing he's not on big wages, and is not in much of a position to argue for big wages so it's not a big investment to keep him.

I can't ever see him being more than a run a tired defenders for the last 15 and try to shake em up sub though. Still contributes more than quite a few on the roster mind.

When? How many games does he play in how many seasons?

When he came on as an impact sub last season in several games he deffo made an impact, he won’t be on big wages and hes a good player to have as he’s not going to be expecting to play week in and week out, he’s a quality impact sub to have and i am sure he is happy to be that.

2 minutes ago, MikeS said:

Not exactly news that suggests we know what we are doing. We seem to be at sixes and sevens and it's all a bit like the ship is not under proper control.

All that from Bennett possibly getting a new contract? Wow pass the scotch and paracetamol.

Archived