Mason Bennett “close” to signing new contract

David

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Topram said:

No idea why! Hes a league 2 player at best, must be skint can’t buy anyone to replace him

Agreed if he was going to be any sort of player he would of been a first team regular by now,not for me im afraid and Div 1 player at the very best perhaps not even that,been by passed by many of the under 23s

29 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If Cocu is our long term leader of this club, we need to move on from some of the longer term players who have not (or no longer can) contributed.

If Cocu is our long term leader then I imagine he will have had input into this decision. 

6 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Agreed if he was going to be any sort of player he would of been a first team regular by now,not for me im afraid and Div 1 player at the very best perhaps not even that,been by passed by many of the under 23s

Based on what?

Jamie Vardy was in the Northern Prem at 23. Now I'm not saying he's going to follow the same path but that's just a nonsense statement. 

Bennett showed last year he has his uses. More assists than our 5 million pound current winger. 

His wages will be low, he's happy to not start every week, but will give 100% if called on so not the end of the world to keep him on.

Academy products have no residual book value on the balance sheet. So if hes under contract we could potentially sell him.(!) and it would be more beneficial for FFP to sell Bennett for say 500k than it would to sell Lawrence for 3m.

Love it if this window we could sell Bennett, Lawrence and Huddlestone after their involvement in that incident. 

Football's a cynical game and I understand Mel not sacking Lawrence because of his financial value to the club. And not sacking Bennett because of Lawrence's value. 

If we can't shift Bennett I'd release him. He is an injury waiting to happen and a poor finisher for a striker. I am always disappointed to see his name on the teamsheet. 

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

My mate whom I have high regard for his football knowledge reckoned he'd fetch £2-3m .

Im afraid your mate may be extremely pissed or high on illegal substances. I’d ask him in the morning when he’s sobered up (ps tell him not to drive the Range Rover until he is) 

Archived