Sign in to follow this  
ramsbottom

Derby, Preston, 32Red & the Star Clause

I know Man United were subsidising his Everton contract and Everton were subsidising their share of his DC United contract. But his United and Everton deals have run out now. 

His base salary at DC United was $2,700,000, so £2,000,000 so around £40,000 PW. 

You’d like you think we haven’t somehow haven’t managed to double his most previous salary. 

16 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Just doing a sloppy calculation of dividing the weeks he can play from January through to the end of May by the £1.5m is close to the £80k that was banded around previously. 

20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I did. His original post said "That's a lot higher than I've seen before of his alleged wages. The £1.5m comfortably covers the remainder of this season."

I interpreted that as this season's Rooney wage was paid for by 32Red. I used his figure of 80k a week (as I have no idea) and it produces a £900k delta.

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

True dat. If a product or service was universally and unequivocally recognized as being good and essential, then you wouldn't need to advertise....

.....you never see adverts for Birds pork pies for example...........😂

early runner for post of the year right there🤣

22 hours ago, cannable said:

You’d like you think we haven’t somehow haven’t managed to double his most previous salary. 

Well.... if you think it more carefully...