Billy Sharp

Fraser_23

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I would be agreeing with you in the summer but not now - Cocu wants the ball putting in the net which we generally don’t do this season 

If only we had a decent winger or two and some creativity from midfield! Even Waggy can let the ball bounce in off him then.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

If we are looking at playing 2 upfront, maybe we could do with another addition.

Marriott - Unreliable fitness wise.
Martin - 6 goals in his last 66 appearances in the last 2 years. He was starting to show some previous form but seems to have dropped down the pecking order again.
Waghorn - This season he just hasn't been at the races.
Rooney - I think Cocu has aspirations to play him further back.

Anyone else is a square peg for a round hole.

Sharp gets a big thumbs up from me.

Some of those stats are a bit harsh 

- Marriott- totally agree

- Martin - the appearance bit doesn’t convert to how many minutes he plays and what about the actual results we get in games that he plays or starts 

- Waghorn - still our leading scorer but we are better with him out wide on the right 

- Rooney- yep I agree with that 

- sharp - would still need the ball in the right places and probably a partner 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Cocu still changes his plan every week.

until he settles on a particular system I probably wouldn’t let him sign anyone. 

What if he wants to play with wingers but his only wingers are Lawrence & Jozefzoon? Wouldn't you buy him two more so he can settle on his particular system without having to play them douchebags?

I think it makes sense. We dont have a proven goalscorer at this level. Rooney is a midfielder in this side he will get goals but wont be playing up top. Waghorn misses chances & is playing out right. That leaves marriott thats always injured & martin who is decent at bringing others into play but wont score loads

We've struggled for goals & people are moaning about bringing in a goal scorer

He isnt blocking youngsters paths Whittaker isn't ready yet 

50 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

What a waste of wages for me......

5 months into the season and we’ve gone looking 7 junctions up the M1 for a lad whose barely played this season.

When do we ever learn.

One thing clear for me, I don’t think it’s Cocu whose involved in the transfers policy. 

Just my thoughts that’s all. 

Do you really think Cocu would accept having no involvement in the Clubs' transfer policy? His reputation depends on the success of whichever club he's managing so for him not to influence the type of players being recruited just doesn't make sense.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's a fair assumption to make given how the first half of the season has gone?

But it's not taking into account the recent change in form and the Rooney effect. If I was Mel I take a gamble and get Sharp in for the push.

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Do you really think Cocu would accept having no involvement in the Clubs' transfer policy? His reputation depends on the success of whichever club he's managing so for him not to influence the type of players being recruited just doesn't make sense.

It’s just my thoughts, I maybe completely bat poo wrong 

With the way Cocu has been talking, I'd be thinking that a centre half is the position where it looks like the player is likely to sign in the coming week. Sharp might be the player that he keeps telling us is complicated and we have to see what happens.

Anyone that doesn’t want this signing to happen is just clueless. He’s still banging goals and assists at this level, as proven last season. He’s scored in the prem as well. He got a team Promoted with his contributions, yet some Derby fans think that he’s “ past it” or “too old” and would rather stick with Waghorn who can’t score a 1v1, and Marriott who is obviously made of paper.

3 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Anyone that doesn’t want this signing to happen is just clueless. He’s still banging goals and assists at this level, as proven last season. He’s scored in the prem as well. He got a team Promoted with his contributions, yet some Derby fans think that he’s “ past it” or “too old” and would rather stick with Waghorn who can’t score a 1v1, and Marriott who is obviously made of paper.

Archived