Billy Sharp

Fraser_23

12 hours ago, neil62uk said:

It's a none starter ..short memories ..the imbecilic , moronic  vile Derby fan whom made a sick tweet to Sharpe ...  

I’m sure Billy Sharp realises that not all Derby fans are bankers, though I must admit that with the investment delay that this isn’t likely anymore.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m sure Billy Sharp realises that not all Derby fans are bankers, though I must admit that with the investment delay that this isn’t likely anymore.

I was absolutely disgusted a Derby fan did this, we weren’t the only ones...other clubs fans have oxygen thieves too that also spouted the same poo to him.......footballing wise I’d love him here, I’m sorry but I think he’s 10 times the player Waghorn is, very strong and knows where the net is (proven in the prem) 

5 hours ago, BriggRam said:

I was absolutely disgusted a Derby fan did this, we weren’t the only ones...other clubs fans have oxygen thieves too that also spouted the same poo to him.......footballing wise I’d love him here, I’m sorry but I think he’s 10 times the player Waghorn is, very strong and knows where the net is (proven in the prem) 

How is proven in the prem that he knows where the net is? He's scored 1 goal in 14 appearances. By the same token Waghorn has 7 in his 32 premier league appearances making him also 'proven'.  Doesnt hold any water really.

It's the sort of signing that fans say they want and then when it doesnt work out criticise the club for bad contract, poor recruitment  etc etc.

33 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

How is proven in the prem that he knows where the net is? He's scored 1 goal in 14 appearances. By the same token Waghorn has 7 in his 32 premier league appearances making him also 'proven'.  Doesnt hold any water really.

It's the sort of signing that fans say they want and then when it doesnt work out criticise the club for bad contract, poor recruitment  etc etc.

I thought he’d scored more than that.....my bad ???

6 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Not true. The majority of Sharps goals have been the in League 1 and the Championship.

I still rate him above Waghorn who has seemed to have taken on Johnny Russell's mantle of serial fluffer of 1 on 1s.

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

I'd be good with no additions this window. Just let the lads develop more. It'll payoff next season. 

I agree with the sentiment but watching yesterday’s game you could see just how little quality we have in the side.

It’s all honest endeavour and no end product.

The lack of confidence to demand the ball and do something a little different is alarming considering we are on a successful run.

Everyone’s first thought is to pass back to the person who passed to them.

Holmes and Lawrence at least try to run with the ball but their options are then usually hiding.

Waghorn put a real shift in yesterday but at no stage did he look like scoring a goal.

We cannot go into games with so little attacking threat.

We need to find a way to get Marriott back or if that’s not possible, to bring in a replacement.

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Excellent and valid point on both accounts ..but Sharpe did let us know he,d never forget ..in our 3 - 1 defeat last season ..just after there 2nd goal 

8 hours ago, BriggRam said:

Absolutely, I don’t know what happened to that fan but I hope he’s never been allowed at a match since. Footballing wise I agree Sharp is better than Waghorn, but I’m still not convinced by a loan deal for a 33 year old. I think we need a better long term option.

6 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

Excellent and valid point on both accounts ..but Sharpe did let us know he,d never forget ..in our 3 - 1 defeat last season ..just after there 2nd goal 

I’m sure he won’t forget such a vile supporter, but I’m sure he realises that 99% of the fans in the stadium think he’s as much of a banker as Sharpe does. I’m sure he’d join us given the chance.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I agree with the sentiment but watching yesterday’s game you could see just how little quality we have in the side.

It’s all honest endeavour and no end product.

The lack of confidence to demand the ball and do something a little different is alarming considering we are on a successful run.

Everyone’s first thought is to pass back to the person who passed to them.

Holmes and Lawrence at least try to run with the ball but their options are then usually hiding.

Waghorn put a real shift in yesterday but at no stage did he look like scoring a goal.

We cannot go into games with so little attacking threat.

We need to find a way to get Marriott back or if that’s not possible, to bring in a replacement.

Which players were hiding yesterday?

Yes we lack quality in attack but I'm sure Cocu is fully aware of our shortcomings in that area and will address them, if not in this window then in the Summer.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m sure he won’t forget such a vile supporter, but I’m sure he realises that 99% of the fans in the stadium think he’s as much of a banker as Sharpe does. I’m sure he’d join us given the chance.

Only time will tell ?

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m not sure it will to be honest, I don’t think he’ll ever be offered the chance to join us now.

I'd have if given the chance ..but like most topics on here I envisage opinions are split .. but can see him going  elsewhere

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Which players were hiding yesterday?

Yes we lack quality in attack but I'm sure Cocu is fully aware of our shortcomings in that area and will address them, if not in this window then in the Summer.

When was the last time you saw a Derby player sprint from one side of the pitch to the other demanding the ball, or find space in the penalty area? 

Too often the player in possession sees a line of backs and so has to pass backwards or sideways. 

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

When was the last time you saw a Derby player sprint from one side of the pitch to the other demanding the ball, or find space in the penalty area? 

Too often the player in possession sees a line of backs and so has to pass backwards or sideways. 

So - which players?

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not true. The majority of Sharps goals have been the in League 1 and the Championship.

I still rate him above Waghorn who has seemed to have taken on Johnny Russell's mantle of serial fluffer of 1 on 1s.

Lol.

the Johnny Russell Award for fluffing one on ones ! 

That would be a great end of season gong.

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely, I don’t know what happened to that fan but I hope he’s never been allowed at a match since. Footballing wise I agree Sharp is better than Waghorn, but I’m still not convinced by a loan deal for a 33 year old. I think we need a better long term option.

Loan till end of season 

Archived