Harry and Meghan

RamNut

27 minutes ago, Norman said:

Racism: a term thrown into an argument by left wingers when losing a debate online

White privilege: a term thrown into an argument by left wingers when losing a debate online

Who are you, 86points?  : a term thrown into an argument by right wingers when losing a debate online ?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:
I think both sides can agree that this guy is crap.

Oooh. Controversial!

You do realise that in a desperate attempt to remain relevant, Lozza has launched a third career as the new poster-boy for the right? He's carved an interesting niche whereby he decries identity politics but then labels anyone using the term white privilege as racist. I guess in Lozza's gaff, irony is something you use to flatten shirts.

And yeah, voice of an angel ?

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think both sides can agree that this guy is crap.

He's a strange one. A left-winger in some cases, but it's cancelled out by common sense when needed. And can't sing. Bit like 52 percent of the population. 

45 minutes ago, Anon said:

You're wrong to focus on the idea of the phrase being insulting. I couldn't care less if insane ideologues obsessed with skin colour wanted to insult me based on my innate characteristics. What does concern me is that the vast majority of people who use this phrase openly advocate for "positive discrimination", which is plain old discrimination to normal people.

Do they? Perhaps you could provide an example or two of 'insane ideologues obsessed with skin colour' on this forum openly advocating positive discrimination?

So, in this thread, we've had people who usually complain about frivolous accusations of racism supporting a bloke who frivolously accused someone of racism. We've also had a woman labelled as 'scum' because she's on the left side of the political spectrum (or because she works for a public service broadcaster, who knows).

Isn't this supposed to be the other way round? I thought it was 'woke' people who accused everyone of being racist and who abused anyone who didn't agree with their opinion?

image.png.3a4dc46f6c7eee27e2136d727daed03f.png

24 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Do they? Perhaps you could provide an example or two of 'insane ideologues obsessed with skin colour' on this forum openly advocating positive discrimination?

On 09/01/2020 at 09:42, SchtivePesley said:

Then we're back onto the subject of positive discrimination. It's hard to argue that BAFTA not nominating a single ethnic minority between 1996 and 2009 is a good look. It's actually textbook institutionalised racism and it's a positive that they have recognised it

The following is referencing Rosenior's comments including, "I've looked at the 'Rooney Rule' in the NFL and the implications it has had on the league, and it has only been positive."

On 20/08/2019 at 12:40, SchtivePesley said:

Good interview, and especially good to read the balanced and sensible views of a BAME coach on the Rooney Rule. Definitely a nice change from reading the reactionary moaning of insecure white people on the subject! 

"I see the rise of political correctness but don't rage against it. I'll support what's fair for everyone, so on balance I'll support some form of positive discrimination, in an attempt to equalise things. " GboroRam July 22, 2019. I can't quote this because the old politics topic is locked.

Will you disavow the Rooney Rule for being the very definition of discrimination?

14 minutes ago, Anon said:

The following is referencing Rosenior's comments including, "I've looked at the 'Rooney Rule' in the NFL and the implications it has had on the league, and it has only been positive."

"I see the rise of political correctness but don't rage against it. I'll support what's fair for everyone, so on balance I'll support some form of positive discrimination, in an attempt to equalise things. " GboroRam July 22, 2019. I can't quote this because the old politics topic is locked.

Will you disavow the Rooney Rule for being the very definition of discrimination?

Furthermore and on the subject of positive discrimination didn't Jess Philips the other day urge men to 'pass th mic' re. the Labour leadership contest?

https://news.sky.com/story/jess-phillips-urges-men-to-pass-the-mic-on-labour-leadership-11912423

You are charged with leading the opposition for the next few years, to rein in the Tories and prepare to stand for government at the next election.  I don't want a woman because 'diversity' I want the absolute best person for the job, literally nothing else matters.

18 minutes ago, Anon said:

Will you disavow the Rooney Rule for being the very definition of positive discrimination?

So the 'insane ideologues obsessed with skin colour' on this forum are @SchtivePesley and @GboroRam or they are at least two of them? Care to explain why their thinking entitles you to label them (and others) as such? Are you of the opinion that it's fine for you to chuck labels around but if, in your opinion, others do likewise, then they do so because they are insane idealogues?

As for the Rooney rule, while I think it's nonsense, what's to disavow? Clubs have to interview a single BAME candidate. Are you saying this is a stretch because none are worth interviewing and given the remit stops at point of interview, where exactly is the duress?

Do you have any more meaningful examples as those who own football clubs might not be the most put upon members of our society. I'm intrigued as to how positive discrimination affects the likes of you and I, not Roman Abramovich and co.

Also would you care to offer an opinion as to why you think regimens such as the Rooney Rule have been put in place? Can we assume that you simply believe it's to appease mixed-race 'woke scum' like me who cry 'white privilege' all the time and insist all right wingers are racist?

3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Also would you care to offer an opinion as to why you think regimens such as the Rooney Rule have been put in place? Can we assume that you simply believe it's to appease mixed-race 'woke scum' like me who cry 'white privilege' all the time and insist all right wingers are racist?

Woke scum like Michael Johnson, Chris Powell and Chris Ramsey (with slight modifications), apparently.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11150051/michael-johnson-says-rooney-rule-would-give-bame-coaches-a-chance-to-show-their-worth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43509644

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3118829/Chris-Ramsey-Football-League-s-Rooney-Rule-not-encourage-clubs-employ-black-manager-just-tick-box.html

40 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Who is this actor fellow anyway. I’d never heard of him before last week. 

Me neither, but I’ve just seen Lily Allen has had a pop at him. He now gets my 100% backing no matter what he’s done ?

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Rooney Rule has always irked me somewhat, but that's as a white lad who would think I wouldn't want a shot at a job just because I was white. So obviously, you have to give to those that actually can speak from their stand point.

However, found it very interesting that on Sky Cricket with the test this week they were discussing the South African selection and black player quota and that Ntini (retired, black player) hates it because it's not about merit.

Just thought it was interesting. Guess like most things, there's differing of opinions between even those it's supposed to help.

15 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

I can simplify this...

Answer these two quick questions:

1. Have you ever looked at what you're wearing and worried that you might get raped because you're showing too much skin?

2. Have you ever worried that you won't be taken seriously in your profession because of your gender?

If it's 'no' to both then you're most likely a man and you are benefiting from male privilege. 

White privilege is exactly the same.

Number 1 yes, I worked in a knitwear factory in the 90s, 700 people of which Only  40 were men. When we had little work on we had to go to the sewing rooms to help out. A good looking 18 year old still wet behind the ears didn’t stand a chance !!! 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Rooney Rule has always irked me somewhat, but that's as a white lad who would think I wouldn't want a shot at a job just because I was white. So obviously, you have to give to those that actually can speak from their stand point.

However, found it very interesting that on Sky Cricket with the test this week they were discussing the South African selection and black player quota and that Ntini (retired, black player) hates it because it's not about merit.

Just thought it was interesting. Guess like most things, there's differing of opinions between even those it's supposed to help.

I've really not looked into it in any great detail, but I think some of it depends on how it's implemented. That's what Chris Ramsey was suggesting in the third article I linked.

Obviously, there will always be differing opinions on it though,

13 minutes ago, Anon said:

Ooh look at me "openly advocating" like the "insane idealogue" that I am ?

5 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

So the 'insane ideologues obsessed with skin colour' on this forum are @SchtivePesley and @GboroRam or they are at least two of them? Care to explain why their thinking entitles you to label them (and others) as such?

I label them as such because I think discriminating against people based solely on skin colour is insane and only ideologues would push such an absurd idea.

As for the Rooney rule, while I think it's nonsense, but what's to disavow? Clubs have to interview a single BAME candidate. Are you saying this is a stretch because none are worth interviewing and given the remit stops at point of interview, where exactly is the duress?

I'm saying it's a discriminatory practice, which it is by definition. There's also the FA's Elite Coach Placement Programme which stipulates that every England team will have an ethnic minority coach as part of their coaching staff wherever possible.

Do you have any more meaningful examples as those who own football clubs might not be the most put upon members of our society. I'm intrigued as to how positive discrimination affects the likes of you and I, not Roman Abramovich and co.

I don't feel the need to determine whether a certain group is "put upon" or not when discussing discriminatory hiring practices.

Regarding the Rooney Rule as it applies in English football, it's been put in place to appease an advocacy group who repeatedly use misleading statistics to further their cause. I wasn't going to call them "woke scum", but I can if it gets you off.

Archived