Harry and Meghan

RamNut

6 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Eh? @86 Schmokes & a Pancake only mentioned male suicide data - that's surely as broad as you can get?

You were the one that started going on about WHITE male suicide. Which is YOU narrowing it down (to your own special interest - the poor put upon white man)

He posted a number of male suicide stats in relation to incorrectly saying that Laurence Fox dumped his girlfriend because she liked a Gilette advert about mens mental health - it was the widely ridiculed toxic masculinity advert.

Seeing as we've recently been talking about white privilege in this thread I made the connection with the demograph mostly likely to commit suicide - the white working class male. 

Hardly a leap in this thread.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Norman said:

You've made a mess of telling someone not to comment on something they don't know enough about. 

But then there's a study which has shown that people who read tiny bits on the Internet suddenly believe they know everything in the subject. Quite an interesting read. 

Non-sensical arse biscuits from you as normal. Not told anyone not to comment, it's just the voices in your noggin ducking with you again.

9 minutes ago, Norman said:

What about scum? 

Let's be honest. He's another Lilly Allen. Got some good points but doesn't know the subject well enough to survive the scrutiny. He will end up deleting Twitter. 

Oh well. 

I’m not a particular fan of the lengths to which Lily Allen takes her beliefs either. Naturally, however, I think her views are based in more palatable beliefs than Fox’s.

I’ve already referred to Fox as ‘scum’ for disrespecting the sacrifice the Sikhs made in the First World War (most likely to his financial benefit). No apologies for that, and far more worthy of that moniker than the woman in the Question Time audience.

21 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Men commit suicide more than women.  Working class commit suicide more than middle class.

If you simply limit the argument to a male white vs non-white suicide that ignores the broader picture. 

What argument? Are you related to Norman perchance? 

Just now, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

What argument? Are you related to Norman perchance? 

Yay, the petty 'insults' have started. 

This argument;

40 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Yeah, absolutely the most put upon sector of the UK populus. Or maybe because there or more white blokes than not. Tricky one that! 

If you just look at a simple overview of the data more white blokes commit suicide than non-white.

Dig a little deeper however and men commit suicide in greater numbers than women and the working class in greater numbers than the middle class. 

To blame the statistic on the imbalance of white/non-white is to simplistic an approach. 

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Yay, the petty 'insults' have started. 

This argument;

If you just look at a simple overview of the data more white blokes commit suicide than non-white.

Dig a little deeper however and men commit suicide in greater numbers than women and the working class in greater numbers than the middle class. 

To blame the statistic on the imbalance of white/non-white is to simplistic an approach. 

Errrr. Think you need to re-read mate. Guess you'd rather strawman than debate the fact that your poster-boy talks utter bum gumpf though?

6 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Errrr. Think you need to re-read mate. Guess you'd rather strawman than debate the fact that your poster-boy talks utter bum gumpf though?

I've re-read the posts, as far as I can tell;

1.  You posted a list of male suicide stats in relation to mens health.

2.  Seeing as white privilege has recently been discussed in this thread I made an albeit crass joke about white privilege.

3.  You make the point that white blokes kill themselves in greater number in th UK because they are the most populus. 

4.  I make several posts pointing out that working class men being the most likely group to commit suicide.

5.  You try to keep the argument a broad white vs non-white. 

6.  I argue that doesn't take all the data into account.

I don't think that a strawman argument, I think thats providing additional information.  A bit like the grooming gang argument that most child abuse is done by whites - obviously because we live in a predominently white country.  It doesn't mean that additional factors don't come into play and limiting the argument to 'whites do it more' is only looking at half the picture. 

The Samaritans don't just take a simple overview;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md5y4YqdLN8&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEG7mKfeSAA&feature=emb_logo

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I've re-read the posts, as far as I can tell;

1.  You posted a list of male suicide stats in relation to mens health.

2.  Seeing as white privilege has recently been discussed in this thread I made an albeit crass joke about white privilege.

3.  You make the point that white blokes kill themselves in greater number in th UK because they are the most populus. 

4.  I make several posts pointing out that working class men being the most likely group to commit suicide.

5.  You try to keep the argument a broad white vs non-white. 

6.  I argue that doesn't take all the data into account.

I don't think that a strawman argument, I think thats providing additional information.  A bit like the grooming gang argument that most child abuse is done by whites - obviously because we live in a predominently white country.  It doesn't mean that additional factors don't come into play and limiting the argument to 'whites do it more' is only looking at half the picture. 

The Samaritans don't just take a simple overview;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md5y4YqdLN8&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEG7mKfeSAA&feature=emb_logo

Great to read these exchanges but I can't shake this image of you both?

giphy.gif?cid=790b761122f2063e794d240699

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m not a particular fan of the lengths to which Lily Allen takes her beliefs either. Naturally, however, I think her views are based in more palatable beliefs than Fox’s.

I’ve already referred to Fox as ‘scum’ for disrespecting the sacrifice the Sikhs made in the First World War (most likely to his financial benefit). No apologies for that, and far more worthy of that moniker than the woman in the Question Time audience.

Keep digging son.  I won’t bite like I should, adults only.

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Keep digging son.  I won’t bite like I should, adults only.

Do you not think his comments were utterly disrespectful?

Wasn't looking for a bite at all. Used the term ‘scum’ in response to Norman alluding to it, not you (this time).

I’m also an adult.

8 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

That was the little talked-about "ginger privilege"

I wish there was but there's no such thing as ginger privilege. 

Even Harry as realised that.

The most maligned section of society.

business ginger GIF

On 10/01/2020 at 09:16, SchtivePesley said:

Not just mental health, but physical health too. Do you think they have to deal with NHS waiting lists when they have a problem?

And being waited on hand and foot, wanting for absolutely nothing does seem to prolong your life beyond what most of us could hope for

Queen Mother  - lived to nearly 102
The Queen - 93 and still going strong
Prince Phillip - 98 and still hanging in there
Princess Margaret - died at 71 despite being a heavy drinker and smoker with one lung!
Prince Charles - 71 and still considered a spring chicken

Yep - but I don't think there is any argument that they wouldn't continue to be a symbolic income generator if their place in the constitution was altered so that they didn't live a life of such needless privilege

I would argue it is the needless privilege that attracts the masses from overseas that generates the income.

Put them in a council house and no one would be interested.

It is a well known fact that many travellers come to the UK purely to see Buckingham palace, let alone all the pomp and ceremony that goes with it. It generates millions and millions. You can not deny that.

Where in the world do they have such ceremonies as changing of the guard etc.

We are leaving the European union and all the uncertainty that that brings. The UK with out the Royal family would be a no where to visit place and we would be much worse off for it.

As for Harry and Megan, Harry is probably the most personable and human royal of the lot. Good luck to them I say.

Yes I am ex Military and the Queen is still my boss.

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Do you not think his comments were utterly disrespectful?

Wasn't looking for a bite at all. Used the term ‘scum’ in response to Norman alluding to it, not you (this time).

I’m also an adult.

Was probably a bit harsh in hindsight.. Apologies.

10 hours ago, 1of4 said:

I wish there was but there's no such thing as ginger privilege. 

Even Harry as realised that.

The most maligned section of society.

business ginger GIF

Why is that?  Why are they considered fair game when most other discrimination is frowned upon?

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

It is a well known fact that many travellers come to the UK purely to see Buckingham palace, let alone all the pomp and ceremony that goes with it. It generates millions and millions. You can not deny that.

Yeah and the same is true of the People's Palace in Bucharest. I went on the tour, it was rammed. Getting shot of Ceaucescu didn't seem to lessen the appeal.

See also the Palace of Versailles

Archived