Tariq Uwakwe

Greasley

10 minutes ago, Papahet said:

You mean like spending ten million on Bielik ?

We didn't spend 10 million on Bielik, it wasn't even our club record fee!!!

The thing is though, with Bielik, he's just turned 22, he can play in CB, DM, he has the ability to justify his fee and grow as a player.

What it seems you don't realise, is that players such as Marcus Maddison, 2.5mil now, available on a free in July, yeah theres a chance someone else will snap him up if we don't. But thats 2.5 mil we can put towards a better player!

All players' values are inflated massively in Jan as any outgoings will need to be replaced imminently.

1/2 loans and MAYBE 1 permanent signing is all we potentially need this Jan.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Papahet said:

17th in the table and rather than adding to the current crop actual quality to improve it, it just seems like we are adding another number... temporarily fix.

We just seem to shy anyway from someone like Marcus Maddison, when it’s clear he’s someone who’d actually improve us - look at the assists since 2015. I really can’t get my head around it, especially having seen how lacklustre we are at creating chances. He wipes the floor with Lawrence in every aspect

Then folk wonder why we’ve been stuck in the division for a decade or more ?

If Maddison is so good, how do you explain that he's been stuck in Division One for over 5 years without even one Championship or higher club coming in for him?

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

We didn't spend 10 million on Bielik, it wasn't even our club record fee!!!

The thing is though, with Bielik, he's just turned 22, he can play in CB, DM, he has the ability to justify his fee and grow as a player.

What it seems you don't realise, is that players such as Marcus Maddison, 2.5mil now, available on a free in July, yeah theres a chance someone else will snap him up if we don't. But thats 2.5 mil we can put towards a better player!

All players' values are inflated massively in Jan as any outgoings will need to be replaced imminently.

1/2 loans and MAYBE 1 permanent signing is all we potentially need this Jan.

But signing Maddison for 2.5 m means you don’t have to faff around each window looking for a loan - only  for them to bugger off back to there club in five months time and be back at square one looking at replacements  again. 

If I was Cocu and knew Maddison was available for 2.5m I’d be on the blower to Peterborough in a flash, then that’s that position sorted is it not? Then Summer you can focus on other areas to strengthen ?‍♂️

Relying on loans is why we are so short of quality this season and now potentially needing investment to sort us out long term 

9 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

If Maddison is so good, how do you explain that he's been stuck in Division One for over 5 years without even one Championship or higher club coming in for him?

Committed to Peterborough? Wants to see out his deal? I ain’t a clue but his record his better than anything we have currently 

B449BC35-7F5C-47A3-B65B-51EA444339B1.jpeg

Just now, Papahet said:

But signing Maddison for 2.5 m means you don’t have to faff around each window looking for a loan - only  for them to bugger off back to there club in five months time and be back at square one looking at replacements  again. 

If I was Cocu and knew Maddison was available for 2.5m I’d be on the blower to Peterborough in a flash, then that’s that position sorted is it not? Then Summer you can focus on other areas to strengthen ?‍♂️

Relying on loans is why we are so short of quality this season and now potentially needing investment to sort us out long term 

I agree with your point I must say, but bare in mind, if Cocu had a full pre-season, experience with english football etc etc we'd of more than likely seen more permanent signings in summer.

I guess loans are like covering a leak up with gaffa tape. works for the short term but not really for the long run.

I genuinely think though at the end of the season, when investment will fully be in place, when we've actually had a bit of continuity for a change, we will see permanent deals.

8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Committed to Peterborough? Wants to see out his deal? I ain’t a clue but his record his better than anything we have currently 

Playing the likes of Rochdale, Accrington, Southend etc every week what d'you expect? I suggest his disciplinary record may not have helped - 21 yellow cards in 2 seasons.

18 minutes ago, Papahet said:

We should all be eternally grateful you're not in a position to spend the club's money then. Maddison has got big attitude problems, hugely arrogant and the type of personality that can adversely affect a dressing room. Couple this with his problematic disciplinary record and it starts to be clear why no approach has been made for his services

He's also left footed when we are openly searching for a right winger so he doesn't even fit the description criteria... but keep going off about how bad a loan is, despite it maybe giving JML, Wilson or Shonibare time to progress into the first XI themselves ?

29 minutes ago, Papahet said:

How do you know if we have £2.5 million anyway?

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Conversely, if we hadn't used the loan market so well last season we wouldn't have been challenging near the top. You can't buy the players of the quality that you can loan. Sure, it's not ideal that they go back to their club at the end, but if you give us the opportunity to loan Mount or buy Maddison (who has never proved anything, I don't understand the obsession with this guy on the forum) you should be taking Mount every time.

The question is why haven’t clubs moved for Maddison? 

Bowyer and co who have been promoted in th the last few years will have seen this guy regularly first hand and haven’t made a move.

Champ teams will have most certainly looked at him in the last couple of years and not moved for him.

Are they all wrong?

Hell not even Aston we collect players Villa took a punt on the guy!

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

The question is why haven’t clubs moved for Maddison? 

Bowyer and co who have been promoted in th the last few years will have seen this guy regularly first hand and haven’t made a move.

Champ teams will have most certainly looked at him in the last couple of years and not moved for him.

Are they all wrong?

Because he's never proven all that much. He scores single figure goal tally's in a poo league. Without wanting to take this thread off on a tangent, he's not exactly had an impressive career. The Peterborough chairman seems desperate to get rid of him.

16 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Blurred out player in the background of Oddscheckers Derby county crossbar challenge... 

Wouldn’t blur out unless it was a signing 

Lol or just someone that has not been asked to be in a promo vid so they have to blur them out.or even a youth team player that is not old enough to be in a betting vid.

7 hours ago, Papahet said:

Cheers marcus 

Archived