Tariq Uwakwe

Greasley

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

we are pretty well stocked in midfield even without Evans.

bird, bielik, huddlestone, Rooney, knight, Lawrence, Holmes, sibley, Waghorn, Whittaker?, jozefzoon? 

....and shinnie, and Bennett ?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

If he’s going to play out wide, then I don’t mind it. Im a big advocate for playing our own youngsters,  but only if Cocu thinks they are ready.

Mitchell-Lawson has already gone on loan, Whittaker has not shown enough to nail down a place in the first team squad, perhaps there’s a loan for him in the pipeline?

Also don't think the wing will be Whittaker's best position in senior football. He rotated a lot between the wing and up front for the U18s and I think a role as a central striker playing off the shoulder would suit his skill set better at senior level. He's not particularly adept at taking the ball past an opponent.

27 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

How is it rubbish?

Harry Wilson  - was signed for a season and had we got promoted he would still be here now.

Osman - again we could have signed him if we could have raised 400k.

Ince - we did sign him.

Ibe - we signed him for a season but was recalled.

Thorne - we did sign him.

The two players we are linked with, there isn't any chance of signing. Benkovic has recently been signed by Leicester for 13 million and this Chelsea lad is being earmarked for their first team for next season and is returning from a 2 month injury.

Your reply, my friend, is rubbish.

I understand the point you’re making now, but that wasn’t what you were suggesting in your original post.

You seemed to be implying that any loan signing we make won’t be committed to the cause and will merely be building their fitness up. You mentioned nothing about potentially signing them and, even if we have no chance of signing them, who says their impact will be any less than the ones I’ve listed? 

You also can’t say ‘if X had happened then we might have kept Wilson’, because the exact same could apply to Benkovic and this Chelsea lad. We loaned Mount, Wilson and perhaps Thorne without thinking that we could get them permanently, yet they were all brilliant. Why not this one?

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I understand the point you’re making now, but that wasn’t what you were suggesting in your original post.

You seemed to be implying that any loan signing we make won’t be committed to the cause and will merely be building their fitness up. You mentioned nothing about potentially signing them and, even if we have no chance of signing them, who says their impact will be any less than the ones I’ve listed? 

You also can’t say ‘if X had happened then we might have kept Wilson’, because the exact same could apply to Benkovic and this Chelsea lad. We signed Mount, Wilson and perhaps Thorne without thinking that we could get them permanently, yet they were all brilliant. Why not this one?

Can you please stop talking sense, its not allowed ?

30 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Even if they're not good enough just yet?

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It depends if we can develop our own quicker by: playing first team games, not playing well, losing confidence, and first team results being affected; staying in and around the first team squad but not playing much; playing for the U23s; or going out on loan.
In the case of Whittaker, I believe he needs to stay with the U23s for the rest of the season and then review his position in the summer (most likely a season long loan out). It is only his first season since stepping up from the U18s afterall. I don't think we should be loaning youths out until they've had at least 1/1.5 seasons at that level. 

I thought this guy was a centre midfielder?  Aren't we pretty stocked there already, with both senior pro's and youngsters. 

As I said before, if he's an upgrade on what we've got and we're having a promotion push then go for it otherwise its a pass from me and I'd rather invest any cash elsewhere in the team. 

18 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Also don't think the wing will be Whittaker's best position in senior football. He rotated a lot between the wing and up front for the U18s and I think a role as a central striker playing off the shoulder would suit his skill set better at senior level. He's not particularly adept at taking the ball past an opponent.

I think the main reason Whittaker played CF so much last season was because Stretton was out injured for a while. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think the main reason Whittaker played CF so much last season was because Stretton was out injured for a while. 

It suited him though, is my point.

17 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I thought this guy was a centre midfielder?  Aren't we pretty stocked there already, with both senior pro's and youngsters. 

As I said before, if he's an upgrade on what we've got and we're having a promotion push then go for it otherwise its a pass from me and I'd rather invest any cash elsewhere in the team. 

He can play centre mid which we obviously dont need but looking at his videos he plays wide right alot, got a good left foot on him so similar type to Whittaker so would suspect if this happened Whittaker will go out on loan too

4 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Until this season he had played primarily in a central role (both DM and AM) with the occasional game on the wing. This season it’s been the opposite with only 1 game central and 5/6 on the wing. His skill set seems better suited to the wing.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Until this season he had played primarily in a central role (both DM and AM) with the occasional game on the wing. This season it’s been the opposite with only 1 game central and 5/6 on the wing. His skill set seems better suited to the wing.

Well if he;s coming as a winger that would make more sense ?

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Loan option with a view to buy.

This something you've heard? 

Or the second half of a sentence that begins "We should only do this if it's a..." ? ? 

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Ha ha yep, sure 

I know you're trolling, but I'm going to bite. I'll tell you exactly how I knew about Mason Mount before he joined Derby, and I don't even really follow European or youth football.

I was trading on Football Index (I'm sure you've seen the adverts), and there was a lot of talk surrounding this young lad called Mason Mount, who was just about to have his IPO on the platform (late 2017/early 2018 I think). The hype was because of his performances at Vitesse. That was the first time I'd heard of him, and I'm sure many more knew of him before he joined us.

If everyone lied about knowing him before he came here, why aren't people claiming to know about Uwakwe? As far as I'm aware, no-one has said that they knew of his existence before these rumours came about.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

This something you've heard? 

Or the second half of a sentence that begins "We should only do this if it's a..." ? ? 

Reckon its what we would do.

Lets be real, they've got plenty of wingers, CHO, Pulisic, Mount can play on wing, Pedro, Willian,

We've got, zoon, lawrence.

Think a loan to buy option makes sense for all parties.

43 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I know you're trolling, but I'm going to bite. I'll tell you exactly how I knew about Mason Mount before he joined Derby, and I don't even really follow European or youth football.

I was trading on Football Index (I'm sure you've seen the adverts), and there was a lot of talk surrounding this young lad called Mason Mount, who was just about to have his IPO on the platform (late 2017/early 2018 I think). The hype was because of his performances at Vitesse. That was the first time I'd heard of him, and I'm sure many more knew of him before he joined us.

If everyone lied about knowing him before he came here, why aren't people claiming to know about Uwakwe? As far as I'm aware, no-one has said that they knew of his existence before these rumours came about.

Mount was also training with the England senior team before we were even linked to him - it was all over the national press at the time.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Mount was also training with the England senior team before we were even linked to him - it was all over the national press at the time.

Yep.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/mason-mount-is-set-to-train-with-the-england-squad-next-week/u5xrdv3p3ec318527vsaislxb

Off for a rest now. I've done enough feeding the troll who still thinks chops are cool.

Archived