Tariq Uwakwe

Greasley

If this does happen I could see it being an 18 month loan or an actual loan to perm that Cocu talks of. Joins for the rest of this season then has more season and a settled full season with us next year. I'd be up for that as a concept.

He signed his first professional contract in June but that was also when Chelsea had the transfer ban so were securing key younger players as they didn't know if they could buy replacements over the  next couple of years. Obviously that threat has been lifted.

In the forward midfield positions they have a plethora of talent. They probably have 10/15 players in the club or out on loan at too flight clubs across Europe that could play in the 10 or wide forward roles so they have a  embarrassment of riches plus Fernandes looks like he's coming in from Benfica.

Obviously reserve judgement on the player as had never even heard his name until yesterday evening but big loan to perm were the way then I would see it as a positive step in the right direction in terms of recruitment. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nooooo we have our own youth we don’t want another Chelsea kid. Get someone who will make us better, a loan we have a chance of signing next year. This kid will come and go, it doesn’t work look at the mess we are in this season because of relying on loans like this last year. 

47 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Nooooo we have our own youth we don’t want another Chelsea kid. Get someone who will make us better, a loan we have a chance of signing next year. This kid will come and go, it doesn’t work look at the mess we are in this season because of relying on loans like this last year. 

The issue isn't having quality loan players at all. We should welcome quality loan players. The issue is not having a plan for when they go back. 

30 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Don’t know the player but I tend to agree.
With the emergence of knight, bird and sibley we are pretty well stocked in midfield even without Evans.

bird, bielik, huddlestone, Rooney, knight, Lawrence, Holmes, sibley, Waghorn, Whittaker?, jozefzoon? 

9 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Is he though? Looks more like an out an out winger to me. I'll quiz my Chelski pals and see what they have to say as they'll have seen a lot more of the lad than us lot.

Agreed. In that video he was always either on the wing or coming in off the wing. Looks tricky and runs well with the ball so yep, he looks like a winger to me too.

I would also say this signing would also put to bed any excitement that new investment would give us some cash to spend this window.

8 points from the playoffs, we could do with a couple of top signings to compliment Rooney, both committed to the cause, not loan signings who are here to build their fitness ready for next season.

Tomori and Mount last year were exceptions, both are full English internationals now, we only got them because of Lampard, I wouldn't expect anyone of that quality from Chelsea again.

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

It wouldnt be us relying on a loan though if it results in our youngster also going out on loan? Lowe has shown how much a loan out can help development when a player isnt ready to step up to the first team.

In terms of our own youth out wide, JML has gone out on loan & Whittaker needs to, that way when our loan signings return to their parent club our returning loanees are more capable of stepping up.

With all loans in we just have to hope they do improve us like last seasons 3 did.

Apparently just coming back from an injury as well. So brilliant we’ll get him fit for you Chelsea so you can loan him out again to someone next season ??

17 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Maybe he is being signed for the U23 squad as they are light after Bird , Knight and Sibley are now mostly in the 1st team squad with a view to Buying them developing him for us ? 

Can’t see that.......Chelsea want him progressing if they were happy him playing under 23 football they’d keep him playing for their own U23’s surely

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Rubbish.

So Harry Wilson, Tom Ince, Jordan Ibe, George Thorne, Leon Osman, etc, were here just to build fitness?

How is it rubbish?

Harry Wilson  - was signed for a season and had we got promoted he would still be here now.

Osman - again we could have signed him if we could have raised 400k.

Ince - we did sign him.

Ibe - we signed him for a season but was recalled.

Thorne - we did sign him.

The two players we are linked with, there isn't any chance of signing. Benkovic has recently been signed by Leicester for 13 million and this Chelsea lad is being earmarked for their first team for next season and is returning from a 2 month injury.

Your reply, my friend, is rubbish.

If he’s going to play out wide, then I don’t mind it. Im a big advocate for playing our own youngsters,  but only if Cocu thinks they are ready.

Mitchell-Lawson has already gone on loan, Whittaker has not shown enough to nail down a place in the first team squad, perhaps there’s a loan for him in the pipeline?

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

He might be awesome but aren't we developing our own?  Unless we're having a promotion push and can significantly upgrade, I'd rather play our own youngsters.

It depends if we can develop our own quicker by: playing first team games, not playing well, losing confidence, and first team results being affected; staying in and around the first team squad but not playing much; playing for the U23s; or going out on loan.
In the case of Whittaker, I believe he needs to stay with the U23s for the rest of the season and then review his position in the summer (most likely a season long loan out). It is only his first season since stepping up from the U18s afterall. I don't think we should be loaning youths out until they've had at least 1/1.5 seasons at that level. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Rubbish.

So Harry Wilson, Tom Ince, Jordan Ibe, George Thorne, Leon Osman, etc, were here just to build fitness?

George Thorne was here to build his fitness which was one reason he never played until the last 13 games of that season ( Eustace was darn good though) and he played well enough for us ( around the other good players) to go all in for him and signed him permanently although since then sadly he has spent most of his time here trying to build his fitness 

Archived