Tariq Uwakwe

Greasley

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a strange move if true, Cocu has said he only sees value in loans if they have the potential to be made permanent at the end.

This bloke pulled out of the chance to join West Brom because they wanted the possibility to sign him permanently.

I'm sure he is a good player but it strikes me as a desperation signing against what Cocu normally looks for in a loan.

What is Derby’s fascination of signing midfielders to shoehorn them onto the wing?!?

can we not just sign an out and out winger, just once, please?

bizarre signing if true, thought we weren’t blocking development pathways for our own youngsters?

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I’m sure Josefzoon could do that in training.... if he’s going to be our attacking signing it’ll be disappointing in 2 ways. The fact he’s more of a natural Cm and the fact Cocu wants loans to buy 

Managed to find this video from a while ago and from this he looks like he has played off the right hand side and would fill the Right Sided Attacking Player void we have been looking to sign.

Impossible to judge youth football and the impact they will have, but I trust Jody & Frank to help us out.

24 minutes ago, Topram said:

I’m sure Josefzoon could do that in training.... if he’s going to be our attacking signing it’ll be disappointing in 2 ways. The fact he’s more of a natural Cm and the fact Cocu wants loans to buy 

Is he though? Looks more like an out an out winger to me. I'll quiz my Chelski pals and see what they have to say as they'll have seen a lot more of the lad than us lot.

Well if he is a left footer playing from the right then I would think & hope this signing would mean Whittaker goes out on loan. 

Personally think Whittaker has had a few chances & not took them unlike Knight Lowe Bird & Sibley who have all impressed. A loan move to league 1 would be beneficial. I know people will say why not play our own youngsters over other teams but thats how the football food chain works....we loan youth from prem, we loan our youth to league 1 etc 

If we persist with a youth player who isnt ready it could end up having a negative effect rather than a positive.

Archived