Florian Jozefzoon

Ambitious

It's news I suspect some have been waiting for - a solid link to Jozefzoon from another club via their local rag: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-hull-city-transfer-news-3711846 

Yesterday came the news that Hull City have shown an interest in Norwegian attacking midfielder Martin Samuelsen.

The 22-year-old Norway international has just returned to parent club West Ham following the end of his loan spell with FK Haugesund, that loan deal has concluded with the culmination of the Norwegian league season.

It’s believed Samuelsen is an option for the Tigers should the proposed move for Mallik Wilks not go through as planned.

The same could possibly be said of Derby County’s Florian Jozefzoon.

The 28-year-old Dutch winger is now being linked with the Tigers.

The ex-Brentford man has spent the past 18 months at Derby, where he has struggled for goals.

It sounds like he may be their second, even third, choice though. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

I genuinely think that Hull Live have seen the tweet by another of these fake journalist accounts and not bothered to check. 

I think the most recent one was called Dominic Shawcross?

I saw the link to Wigan that was called out to be fake, but nothing to Hull? I did think the article referenced something else with no link though, so wouldn't be surprised. 

Need to get some Jim Smith style creativity with our transfers.

Although it's unlikely we'll recoup our fee, he is still a commodity with some value attached. Just need to find somebody with an excess player more useful to us and do an exchange.

Between Dutch top flight and the championship it shouldn't be that difficult. Hell, if he's not going to play for us, even a straight swap for Sinclair would have more worth to us. 

He’s a player I also wanted to do well but do not understand his decision making at all. When he should knock it past the full back and use his famed paced he cuts back and then when he does try and run onto it his crossing is the worst I’ve ever seen from a winger. 

Apparently one of the most skilful players at the club - not seen any of that on the pitch but he’s one that can move on for me. 

12 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I genuinely think that Hull Live have seen the tweet by another of these fake journalist accounts and not bothered to check. 

I think the most recent one was called Dominic Shawcross?

What do you expect, an easy way to get a load more clicks from Derby fans just fell into their lap.

There will be other clubs looking at him. Whilst it hasn't worked at Derby he did well at Brentford and their recruitment dept have a reputation as being pretty useful. 

Is suspect a side will take a risk, at least on loan, with him for the remainder of the season. 

I fancy he may end up on loan at Charlton.

On 08/01/2020 at 12:03, Raich Van Carter said:

He’s a player I also wanted to do well but do not understand his decision making at all. When he should knock it past the full back and use his famed paced he cuts back and then when he does try and run onto it his crossing is the worst I’ve ever seen from a winger. 

Apparently one of the most skilful players at the club - not seen any of that on the pitch but he’s one that can move on for me. 

Spent too much time training with Lawrence?

On 09/01/2020 at 05:59, gccrowdpleaser said:

There will be other clubs looking at him. Whilst it hasn't worked at Derby he did well at Brentford and their recruitment dept have a reputation as being pretty useful. 

Is suspect a side will take a risk, at least on loan, with him for the remainder of the season. 

I fancy he may end up on loan at Charlton.

hope please GIF

On 14/01/2020 at 17:17, DCFC1388 said:

I know he hasnt performed & not had him in the squad much but we have already let Paterson go, surely we wont let him go without someone lined up. 

Either that or Cocu is going fully against wingers for the rest of the season.

The last time Josefzoon played for us was as a substitute in the 81st minute on the 14th Dec against Millwall. The time before that was as a sub on the 60th minute against Charlton on the 19th October. Paterson wasn't even in the squad for most of the last couple of months he was here.

I don't particularly think it matters if we have a replacement lined up or not - neither of them are or were playing for us anyway.

On 08/01/2020 at 12:03, Raich Van Carter said:

You’ve seen Abdoul camara ?

Archived