Sky changes

iolanthe

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, iolanthe said:

Cheers - can make games changed to Sunday and earlier/ later Saturday but not Friday and there seems to be a disproportionate number to Friday-Guess next season I just won’t bother with the season ticket 

You're not alone in your thinking. We travel 220 mile round trip for home games and it's got to the point where there's no value or point in having a season ticket.

10 hours ago, Charlie George said:

You're not alone in your thinking. We travel 220 mile round trip for home games and it's got to the point where there's no value or point in having a season ticket.

Always value when they charge £36 for a single game ticket most of the damn time.

11 hours ago, iolanthe said:

Cheers - can make games changed to Sunday and earlier/ later Saturday but not Friday and there seems to be a disproportionate number to Friday-Guess next season I just won’t bother with the season ticket 

You shouldn't cancel for next season.  Premier League hardly ever does Friday night games ?

10 hours ago, Srg said:

Always value when they charge £36 for a single game ticket most of the damn time.

Home membership is good value I can't get to most games but 20% off plus one free one and an almost guaranteed ticket is good.

Done 5 home games so far and with the free one I am averaging £30 a game for the £36 tickets, a season ticket would have been £619 where I normally sit If I went to every game with my member ship it would be only £674, so miss 2 matches and you are up.

Also the opportuntity to move seats if you happen to get near a mouthy Bamford in the vicinity.

For the first time in a long time I'm thinking that I will not be renewing next season.

I go with my son. Who is 7 years old. I fully understand he misses the midweek games when he's at school. Because he won't get in bed till about half 10 on a midweek game. So he's just far far too tired to wake up at half 7 for school. He also plays football on a Saturday morning. So when a home game gets moved to a Friday night he can't go again. So there's 2 games coming up that my son will have to miss. 

I pay £410 for my season ticket. For 23 home games. I would say we get picked for TV at home 5 times a season roughly. We also probably have 5 midweek home games a season. So say 10 games there that you wouldn't miss.

Leaves roughly 10-13 home games a season. 

Say £28 a ticket on average. Would mean if I bought a ticket for the games not on TV would probably cost a maximum of £364 a season. So I'd be pretty much £50 better off.

This is the way football is heading. Sky aren't bothered about fans. They are bothered about numbers they get watching games. Football is moving to a TV Sport. 

8 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Football is moving to a TV Sport.

Did years ago, the armchair fan has won unfortunately. Filling the pockets of greedy footballers and fat agents.

I can’t wait for the day it all implodes, even if it means us going bust and starting again. 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Did years ago, the armchair fan has won unfortunately. Filling the pockets of greedy footballers and fat agents.

I can’t wait for the day it all implodes, even if it means us going bust and starting again. 

It seems to be moving towards the streaming market now - BT/Amazon over the festive period iFollow/RamsTV/other in the EFL. Long term, this may result in more games remaining in the typical Saturday 3 o'clock slot.

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It seems to be moving towards the streaming market now - BT/Amazon over the festive period iFollow/RamsTV/other in the EFL. Long term, this may result in more games remaining in the typical Saturday 3 o'clock slot.

God I hope so 

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I'm not sure it ever will implode, unfortunately, if by that you mean that the TV money and influence will suddenly disappear completely. If Sky were to drop out - and there are signs that they are getting close to the maximum they will pay - then there are any number of competitors home and abroad who would step in to fill in the gap. We're already seeing the signs of that happening. 

And then it might just be a case of 'being careful what you wish for' - a TV company from, say, Asia or China, might have very different views on kick off times and accessibility than Sky do. And don't forget that the owners of our top 6 PL clubs (who are the only clubs that TV companies really want to cover) are all foreign and all heavily invested. They'll be chasing the bucks and have little to no commitment to the idea of the 'football family', we're all in this together routine. 

Archived