Chris Martin Joins Elite List

1 hour ago, TheHospitalier said:

Great achievement.

On a slight tangent, do we have one of the highest all-time scorers records in the country? I remember being surprised when Lampard broke Chelsea's that it was in the low 200s. Even Rooney's record for United is 253. I highly doubt that Bloomer's record will ever be broken.

Bloomer is only beaten by one other player for most goals scored in the top league, which is Jimmy Greaves. Bloomer also second behind Greaves for most topflight seasons winning the golden boot (if it existed back then).

The thing i like the most is that despite the fact our glory days are well behind us we still have the 6th highest number of top flight seasons with the highest scorer.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Genuinely impressive. 

When you think of forwards from recent years that we often consider as great Rams players... The likes of Wanchope, Baiano, Saunders and Goddard... None of them in this list. 

Was thinking the same too. Just shows how good goalscorers over the last 30 years haven't hung around for too long.

I absolutely love Chris, even got a signed photo of him! I’ve seen a lot of comments saying we need to move on from him, but why? He’s still delivering. We should “move on from him” because he’s been here a while?

next time I see someone say that, I’m going to remind them their 10 year anniversary is coming up with their partner and maybe they should move on from them? That’s how it works right?

new contract please! ?

P.S. CM19 has a 1 in 3 ratio this season, not bad giving our severe lack of chances in the first half of the campaign.

1 minute ago, DazaDunn said:

I absolutely love Chris, even got a signed photo of him! I’ve seen a lot of comments saying we need to move on from him, but why? He’s still delivering. We should “move on from him” because he’s been here a while?

next time I see someone say that, I’m going to remind them their 10 year anniversary is coming up with their partner and maybe they should move on from them? That’s how it works right?

new contract please! ?

P.S. CM19 has a 1 in 3 ratio this season, not bad giving our severe lack of chances in the first half of the campaign.

On reduced terms please - I think he's pulling in £35-40k a week at the moment.

6 hours ago, mozza said:

Anyone know how many Charlie And Franny got?

According to wiki (I hope these include cup goals?)

Charlie 36 - more than he scored for Arsenal!

frannie 24

and a few others........

deano 42 - more than for any other club!

vydra 26 - more than for any other club!

raich carter 34

peter Doherty - 7? Which presumably means his war time goals weren’t counted. Same for raich carter ?

derek hales 4

roy greenwood 1 - more than I thought. 

38 minutes ago, rynny said:

They don't normally include cup goals, just league. 

I did wonder because in my head both Charlie George and deano were on @ 50?

Am I the only one that finds this stat hugely depressing?

In the last 30 years we have either had players not good enough to score 70 goals whilst here, or have been unable to hang on to the players that were good enough to do it.

Given that we have been in the second flight for over half of the last 40 years makes it even more depressing.

Guess it's a good indicator of where we are as a club though.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In the last 30 years we have either had players not good enough to score 70 goals whilst here, or have been unable to hang on to the players that were good enough to do it.

Given that we have been in the second flight for over half of the last 40 years makes it even more depressing.

Modern football really. Players move on much more freely. Unless you're at the very top, you're not likely to be at a club long enough.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Modern football really. Players move on much more freely. Unless you're at the very top, you're not likely to be at a club long enough.

Mason Bennett would only have needed to score 10 goals a season to be above Martin on that list!

Just looked up his stats...hes not even played 70 games in that time.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Mason Bennett would only have needed to score 10 goals a season to be above Martin on that list!

Just looked up his stats...hes not even played 70 games in that time.

Yep, but say he had gone off like a house on fire... he'd be gone and playing for someone better if scoring at that rate at the age he would have been.

13 hours ago, Boycie said:

Still won’t be enough for Legend status in some eyes.

He's one of my favourite ever Derby players, but I don't think he's a legend.

I know this debate happens all the time, but I think legends are the ones who have brought proper silverware to the club. So in that sense, I don't think we've had a 'legend' since the 1970s.

For me, the next step below that are 'icons'. Plenty fall into that category.

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Gabbiadini has been the closest to breaking it in that time, think he was about 4 or 5 short. 

Archived