Fulham and Bristol Selected For Sky

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

They do consider the fans, the ones who sit at home and watch it. Not the ones who actually go, they really couldn’t give a toss about us. We should boycott these games completely, wonder what reaction they’d get showing a game on tv with an empty stadium. 

Greedy footballers and greedy agents have ruined our game all funded by the devil that is Sky Sports . 

For the many (400k at home) not the few (30k at the ground) ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

For the many (400k at home) not the few (30k at the ground) ?

Sorry and it’ll be controversial the ones at home at not fans for me they are supporters. Fans are fanatics, they go to the game and back their team (ok sometimes moan) but they are the backbone of the club, the soul of the club, they are Derby county. These will be there in the darkest hour (or the league cup 1st round game at home to Chester or Macclesfield etc) these are who we should pander too, not Mr Sky sports subscription man sitting at home with his Derby shirt on drink tea out of his new Derby mug. 

Its time the proper fan got thought of

(queue the ive been a fan for 40 yrs and live 300 miles away, how dare you replies)

54 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Sorry and it’ll be controversial the ones at home at not fans for me they are supporters. Fans are fanatics, they go to the game and back their team (ok sometimes moan) but they are the backbone of the club, the soul of the club, they are Derby county. These will be there in the darkest hour (or the league cup 1st round game at home to Chester or Macclesfield etc) these are who we should pander too, not Mr Sky sports subscription man sitting at home with his Derby shirt on drink tea out of his new Derby mug. 

(queue the ive been a fan for 40 yrs and live 300 miles away, how dare you replies)

I've been a fan for fifty years, live 100 miles away, and I totally agree with you ?

Supporter = Fan + Fan = supporter. What is the difference?

We all love a game on Sky, don't deny it. 

This will be the same scenario for every supporter/fan:

You wake up early morning whilst on holiday, suns shining 25+ degrees, you couldn't be happier because your not at work and the sky is blue. You then remember Derby KO at 12.30pm on Sky, a game you would have ordinarily missed because you was on holiday.

You make sure you get yourself down to The Pig & Truffle nice and early to make sure you watch the build up to the big game. Beer, sun and footy, we all love it.

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Sorry but i disagree, i now suffer from ill health and probably only get to 3 -4 matches a season but as a former season ticket holder at the BBG and PP i am still DCFC at heart and as much a fan as you are. Yes i am a Mr Sky sports subscriber, the price of one ticket gets me Sky sports for a month, sitting with a beer in hand watching a match.

You can't have it both ways, do you really think we would have got Wayne Rooney on a sponsorship deal from 32 Red without worldwide TV exposure through Sky etc.of course we wouldn't..  

Would you prefer it if we went back to the 80's when the only football on TV was MOTD on a Saturday night and the occasional live FA cup match, If it was like that nowadays half the clubs including Derby wouldn't be in existence.

Sorry but more money comes into the club through TV revenue rights than people paying at the gate and there is no going back. I understand some fans frustrations about days/ times being changed but as much as it pains me to say it, a couple of hundred fans not renewing their season tickets will have no impact on the club (or any other club in the Championship for that matter) and will not make a blind bit of difference. Money is the backbone of the club. They who pay the piper call the tune as the saying goes. The days of fan power has somewhat diminished in the modern era monetary wise

2 hours ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Supporter = Fan + Fan = supporter. What is the difference?

We all love a game on Sky, don't deny it. 

This will be the same scenario for every supporter/fan:

You wake up early morning whilst on holiday, suns shining 25+ degrees, you couldn't be happier because your not at work and the sky is blue. You then remember Derby KO at 12.30pm on Sky, a game you would have ordinarily missed because you was on holiday.

You make sure you get yourself down to The Pig & Truffle nice and early to make sure you watch the build up to the big game. Beer, sun and footy, we all love it.

This isn't a contribution to the debate that preceded this post.

What you just described - I hate it. Feel like I'm missing out. If we lose, I'm annoyed. If we win, I'm annoyed that I missed being there, although it's still slightly preferable to a loss. That's if I'm on holiday or if I'm at home and can't afford to make the trip.

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This isn't a contribution to the debate that preceded this post.

What you just described - I hate it. Feel like I'm missing out. If we lose, I'm annoyed. If we win, I'm annoyed that I missed being there, although it's still slightly preferable to a loss. That's if I'm on holiday or if I'm at home and can't afford to make the trip.

I'm usually from a negative disposition... so my mindset if we win a game I can't make is that we would have definitely lost if I had been there to jinx it.

42 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Sorry but i disagree, i now suffer from ill health and probably only get to 3 -4 matches a season but as a former season ticket holder at the BBG and PP i am still DCFC at heart and as much a fan as you are. Yes i am a Mr Sky sports subscriber, the price of one ticket gets me Sky sports for a month, sitting with a beer in hand watching a match.

You can't have it both ways, do you really think we would have got Wayne Rooney on a sponsorship deal from 32 Red without worldwide TV exposure through Sky etc.of course we wouldn't..  

Would you prefer it if we went back to the 80's when the only football on TV was MOTD on a Saturday night and the occasional live FA cup match, If it was like that nowadays half the clubs including Derby wouldn't be in existence.

Yes I’d love football to be on TV just MOTD absolutely. I couldn’t careless about how much is on Sky. 

I also couldn’t careless if we had Rooney or not it wouldn’t stop me going to watch my team. Anyway if we didn’t have the money from TV all the clubs would be in the same boat so why wouldn’t we have him? 

Also do you really think without TV we would be paying footballers ridiculous salaries? Of course we wouldn’t, do why would we not exist? 

And I disagree if you don’t go to games then of course you’re not as much of a fan, I’m not as much of a fan as the guys and girls who go to every game home and away. Sorry if that is a uncomfortable statement but it’s true. 

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

And I disagree if you don’t go to games then of course you’re not as much of a fan, I’m not as much of a fan as the guys and girls who go to every game home and away. Sorry if that is a uncomfortable statement but it’s true. 

So if Mel doesn't make every game home and away, he's not as much of a fan?

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So if Mel doesn't make every game home and away, he's not as much of a fan?

No he’s not and if he doesn’t as club owner he should hang his head in shame.

4 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Yay fan snobbery!  I've been waiting all season for this.  With a season ticket and my Middlesbro ticket just arrived this morning I'm going to claim a lifetime high 52% fan rating.  Wooh hoo go me! 

Armchair fan 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

What's wrong? Can't go and you're now worried you'll be less of a fan due to not being able to go? ?

I am, I’m demoting myself to supporter only now. No seriously in gutted the day out on the Saturday was planned and now I can’t go as I am travelling back from work!!!! All for those bloody armchair plastic fans 

Certainly not uncomfortable to me,you may not care how much football is on Sky but the viewing figures don't agree with your view, i am stating how the current game is, you are saying what ifs. You probably feel uncomfortable with how the game is going. appealing to the masses instead of the die hard club fans.  In your eyes i may not be as much as a fan who goes week in week out but me yes i am still a fan, i have other things to concentrate on but that doesn't make me any less of a fan. If you think otherwise that's your opinion which you are entitled to. Does it bother me,not in the least

Just now, TexasRam said:

I am, I’m demoting myself to supporter only now. No seriously in gutted the day out on the Saturday was planned and now I can’t go as I am travelling back from work!!!! All for those bloody armchair plastic fans 

Must have been tiring to get to the games from Texas?

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Must have been tiring to get to the games from Texas?

You’d do anything for the club you love (if you’re a true fan that is) 

Archived